Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bioderma Micelle Solutions Reviews

Bioderma first appeared about 20 years ago in Lyon France. Working in close collaboration with dermatologists to develop dermo-cosmetics intended for medical prescriptions and medicinal consultancy. According to Beauté-test they are the precursor for micellar solutions.

Bioderma Créaline H2O fragrance free

This is the first one I tried. I recieved a large sample of it and had enough for about a week. I used it mainely at night and a few times in the morning.

Well, it was almost like using plain water on my skin. I don't wear heavy makeup. Bronzing powder, blush, concealer, eye shadow, a light cake eye liner and non waterproof mascara. Did it remove everything? No. I had to use a lot of it and it didn't do well on my mascara which at the moment is Estée Lauder's Sumptuous.

Not only did it not do well for me but I found it drying. The one good thing is that it didn't irritate my décolleté area. What I don't get is how come my friend Caroline from Secret Girly Side had such great results with it when she tried it. It's obvious our skin's chemistry is different. She has a great picture showing the makeup products Créaline H2O was able to remove.


Bioderma Sébium H2O

So, I figured, probably Créaline H2O didn't do a good job because I have combination skin. Since it's summer, my skin is a bit more oily then it would be in winter. Sébium H2O is recommended for combination/oily skin. This formula has fragrance but it's very mild and doesn't linger.

It did a better job but ended up irritating my eyes as well as my décolleté area. This took me quite by surprise actually, especially since my skin is not that reactive or picky. In a way, it felt like there was alcohol in it. Then again, I have no issues with the alcohol in the witch hazel I use as a toner.

I asked my friend "L" about what could be irritating in it and this was her answer based on the ingredient list I sent her.
"Nothing really, but Fragrance, Ginkgo, Propylene glycol can be irritating, it's one of those products that it could be anything even though it looks pretty harmless. Fructooligosaccharides is a "form" of sugar, which could also irritate certain people!"

These little bottles are available at the moment. 
Very convenient with a flip cap, nice for travel.

Bioderma Micelle Solutions are probably the most popular cleansing waters on the market at the moment and honestly after trying these mentioned above and being disapointed, I could be wondering, why? Maybe if I had tried them first my opinion would have been different.


Now of course, this is based on my skin's chemistry in combination with the makeup I use. They would not be top sellers if this was the case for everyone. If you can grab one of the small bottles to try out, go ahead and make up your own mind. Like many others, you could be very pleased with either one of them depending on your skin type.


Here are the ingredient lists, both taken from Beauté-test.com

Créaline H2O fragrance free ingredients: Water (aqua), peg-6 caprylic/capric glyceridespropylene glycolcucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnose, fructooligosaccharides, disodium edtacetrimonium bromide.

Sébium H2O ingredientsWater (Aqua), PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Sodium Citrate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Sulfate, Ginkgo BilobaExtract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Propylene GlycolCitric AcidDisodium EDTA,Cetrimonium Bromide, Fragrance (Parfum).


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...