Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

My Summer Roses...

Last spring I wrote a post, Searching For The Perfect Rose, here, and while I'm still strongly considering Rose de Chloé, I've fallen hard for Serge Lutens La fille de Berlin, a brilliant mix of rose and pepper which makes it oh so not Innocent! Yes I liked it even more than Sa Majesté La Rose but if I could I would get all three, really I would!

*Le Sigh*

So, while getting even one of these wasn't an option this summer I was still on the lookout for rosy scents. My first find was a candle I purchased for myself for Mother's Day...




Voluspa Yuzu Rose Stonecrop...

The first word that comes to my mind to describe this rose is capiteuse... Ok so it's in French and I actually had to look for the translation because this adjective has never crossed my mind in the few fragrances reviews I've written so far... Capiteuse means, heady/intoxicating...

What's surprising is that none of it's components hint to this. It's a smart mixture of yuzu (Korean citrus fruit), Tuscan roses, stonecrop (this I had to look up and recognised as sedum which if my memory serves me right isn't very fragrant but I guess this is what gives it it's faint "greenness"), lavender and tart white strawberries.

One would think these elements would create a somewhat old school fragrance but no, the result is a rich aroma. This rose is warm and beautiful and I've been falling asleep every night with her. The throw is perfect and I've even tried some spilled wax on my wrists. Beautiful!

Made of a coconut wax blend with a 100% cotton wick, it burns slowly and evenly. Honestly, some nights I don't even light it and still enjoy the scent. Like I said, I've been falling asleep with her.

Roger & Gallet Rose Eau douce parfumée (Gentle fragrant water)...

I stumbled upon a small size of this a few weeks back and it's truly perfect for my summer rose fix! Fresh rosy goodness that's what it is! Simple, no beating around the rose bush to figure out it's components. If you want to wrap yourself in a fluffy pink cloud this is one to consider!




From Fragrantica: mandarin and rose petals at the top, Nepal rose, peony and white flowers in the heart, almond and warm amber keeping the base warm.

I personally don't really get the almond and warm amber but the mandarin, Nepal rose and peony are sure making me happy every time I spray this little baby on. It's sillage is on the soft side and it lasts about four to six hours on my skin which is just fine by me for a summer fragrance. Very affordable the small size, 30 ml, was just under $20.00 but do note this is likely a promotional size. I don't know if I'll purchase the larger one once I'm done because the prospect of getting one of my top three is quite strong. :)


What smelly goodness have you been enjoying this summer so far?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...