Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

O.P.I Muir Muir On The Wall… and Gwen Stephani

O.P.I Muir Muir On The Wall...

I guess after my great experience with Diorific Frimas the week before I was expecting similar results with this one but no, it didn’t do as well.

O.P.I Muir Muir On The Wall is a beautiful deep plum with a light gold sheen that makes it appear metallic. Classy and vampy this one is just my style but unfortunately it didn't turn out to be very resistant to tip wear. I applied it on Sunday night without a top coat and by Monday afternoon already it was looking less than fresh. 


I've had to take my pictures at the office since the lighting at home was just plain horrible.



Monday afternoon.

That evening I did apply a top coat but even with it, it continued to break on the ends of my nails especially my index fingers. This was clearly a case of redoing my nails mid week and I thought of applying Frimas again but I just didn't have the time.


Tuesday afternoon with top coat. It's not that obvious on the picture 
but there's already some tip wear especially on the index finger.

Me was not happy! 

By Thursday night there was a big chip on the tip of my right index finger! Since I had to go out I did an express correction and applied a little of Muir Muir On The Wall just on the colorless spot. Good thing no one looked at my nails up close. Not a good thing!

This is the first time this happens to me with O.P.I. All the polishes I own from this brand have been winners but sadly this one isn't. Two coats made it perfect and the color was gorgeous but that was it. I was expecting at least five days of good nails but got a little over three. Do note that I don't put my hands in water much but as I've mentioned before I type a lot! This of course doesn't help but most of my recent nail polish purchases have fared quite well compared to this one. 


So this one was a dud for me but I'm still looking forward to the upcoming O.P.I Gwen Stefani for OPI Collection.


“Inspired by the 2013 Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute Gala that featured the theme “Punk: Chaos to Couture,”. “With her expertise as a singer, songwriter and designer, who better to collaborate with than Gwen Stefani?”. “Known for her trademark red lips, bold eye makeup and nail art, Gwen uses beauty to accessorize her style.” – OPI Executive Vice President and Artistic Director  Weiss-Fischmann


Click on the picture to visit my favorite Romanian girl Tavia, on Chic Profile. She's got all the promo photos and really, the colors are stunning, just like the artist I guess. :)



Thoughts about the name Muir Muir On The Wall...

Oh how that name brought back memories! For most it sounds like "Mirror, mirror on the wall" but for me it reminded me of something totally different!

Ever heard of the movie The Ghost and Mrs Muir? No? Maybe the tv show?

When I was a kid we used to get what were already dated English series either from the States or the UK on television translated in French and one of my favorites was Madame et son fantôme (The Ghost and Mrs Muir). I just loved it! 

A young widow along with her children and a funny grumpy maid, moves into a beautiful house that once belonged to a sea captain. I can't quite remember if it was on a beach or on a cliff but I can recall vaguely the room of the captain with its beautiful spyglass set on a stand to watch passing ships and spy on visitors calling on the lady of the house. He would show himself only to Mrs Muir and I was so hoping they would fall in love! 


Edward Mulhare and Hope Lange in The Ghost and Mrs Muir the tv show.*


Yup! That's what I call a handsome ghost! 

I won't bore you with details of either the movie or the tv show but if you are curious about them you can read about them here and here.

I just couldn't resist, loooved that tv show! :)


Do you have a nail polish that you were looking forward to but ended up being disappointed by it?


*Picture credit: Moviegoods 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...