Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

What to do with my Sunday Post?

Before you start you may want to go grab a coffee or tea for this is a long one!

A little personal update...

As some of you may have guessed, I'm still trying to figure out how to organize my schedule between work, blogging and home time. I do think I'm slowly getting it but this week everything went kaput due to a horrible back pain that came out from nowhere!

It started last Friday just as I was going back to work after lunch. For some reason I could barely walk. That evening I was suppose to take Catherine to see a movie and so she had come downtown to meet with me. She was disappointed when I told her there was no way I could suffer sitting in a theatre for two hours straight. I took her to eat something and home we went.

In the morning I would have needed a mechanical lift to get me out of bed! This lasted until Thursday making this Friday morning almost normal. I still feel it but at least now it bearable.

My best friend this week was my heating pad. :(

The movie, we finally managed to go see this Friday. I almost bailed out again due to the fact I was so tired but I didn't want to turn down Catherine again. She rarely asks for anything and is such a good reasonable girl she totally deserved the treat. We went to see The Hunger Games and both loved it!


What to do with my Sunday post...

I'm not sure when I'll be able to continue my Notable Reads post. Having less time I kind of knew that it would suffer and so for now I won't stress and will simply put it on the back burner.

What will I replace it with? I just don't know yet! For now just bare with me. Sundays will likely be either New Additions, Weekly Makeup, New Makeup Love or maybe simply a new review.

This week I have a bit of everything!


Faithful purse companions...


This week with a more smoky eye it was all about Rouge Dior Grège 1947 and 
Givenchy Le Prisme Visage compact is always in my purse!


New additions...

I've purchased several new amazing items that have yet to be reviewed and this past week I've again indulged in a few additions... It would seem that I am doomed!!! Sephora and The Bay just a few minutes away from my office... This clearly means I'll be purchasing a few weekly goodies.

Here are the items I got this week. During my lunch hours I had to get up and walk since this was the only thing helping me with the pain. On Monday I went to The Bay to get Diorific Frimas! Not my kind of color but for some reason I just fell in love with it. On Thursday I went over to the Eaton Center and walked into Sephora just to "browse" and see what special holiday kits were left. I was told by an SA that there would be specials for Black Friday!

ARGH!!! 

Prices reduced on Dior fragrances? Little minis for $12.00?

Of course I went back the next day and took advantage of these specials. On top of those I purchased two sets of pyjamas for myself. Who could resist a 2 for 1? I mean really!


When I purchased Diorific Frimas I received a cute Miss Dior mini! Who doesn't like minis? :)
Both Tocca and Bite where special Black Friday goodies at $12.00 each! 


This week's makeup love...

...For eyes was all about Chanel Charming (yet to be reviewed I know *sigh* time goes by way too fast), Chanel Fatal and Dior Velvet...



... For face, it was Guerlain with  Madame RougitCrazy Terracotta and Crazy Météorites (also yet to be reviewed)...


There were of course the tag along, Estée Lauder BB cream, NARS Pro-Prime, Rimmel concealer, L'Oréal Infaillible Lacquer Liner and Diorshow Iconic mascara.


On my list...

This coming week I may get Diorshow Iconic Curl mascara since my Iconic is starting to be a little harder to apply. It seems to have gotten thicker and some mornings I've had to struggle a little which resulted in taking longer to achieve my usual lash look. Not a good thing!

I may also get a new lipstick, been thinking about NARS Dolce Vita but I might wait. Pictures of Dior and Chanel new spring collections have started to surface and of course I've already spotted a few items I'd love to get my hands on. There's also the fact that I'll need a new morning moisturizer soon and Chanel Vitalumière compact foundation is kind of calling my name. I've swatched it several times and the texture is just dreamy.

Then again, I may not get any of these since I do have to think about Catherine's Christmas gift. She may end up with the equivalent of my goodies and more in one gift. As mentioned, she's been such a good reasonable girl and with what she's been through this year I do want to get her something special. Ok she's always had the privilege of getting gorgeous Christmas goodies but this year I want to give her something meaningful she'll remember. I can barely believe it's already December 1st! Seems to me that only last week I was wearing flip flops and writing in my gazebo!


For your viewing enjoyment...

This week is all about Dior makeup, more specifically the Golden Winter Christmas Makeup Collection.

The Ad...


Le look Golden Winter...


This makes me almost want to get 5 Couleurs 644 Golden Snow, almost...


Ouf! I think I'm done! Would you believe I had a bit of writers block yesterday! :)


Have a great week everyone!  Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...