Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Caudalie Huile Divine (Divine Oil) / Review

Caudalie Huile Divine was on my most recent Beauty Envies list and finally I got a small size of this little wonder everyone seems to have talked and raved about recently.

As some of you may already know, my favorites so far have been Liérac's Huile Sensorielle aux Trois Fleurs Collection Blanche and Nuxe's Huile Prodigieuse, I've mentioned both recently, here. These days I go mostly for the latter, for Summer I just love it! Now what I enjoy most about these two is the fact that they replace perfume/eau de toilette. Their respective fragrances last way over 6 hours on me when I apply them on my arms and décolleté on dry skin. I also love them for my hair. I've tried several hair products recently to give it more texture and always come back to one of these.

Caudalie Divine Oil...

At the drugstore I was pleased to find the small size, 15 ml (0.5 fl oz) which is bigger than a sample. Perfect to keep in one's purse or for someone like me, who wants to give it a try before committing to a larger size. The bottle is sleek, pretty and what is most convenient about it is the fact that even if it's small it comes with a good quality spray just like it's larger sisters.

All purpose? This dry oil is advertised as such, for body, hair and face. As with all other fragranced oils, if you wish to use it on your face do patch test first, especially if you have a tendency to have allergic reactions to skin care or have sensitive skin.




How did I use it...

As with my other fragrant oils, my frugal side makes me use them on dry skin just before getting dressed. I do this because for me they replace perfume and on dry skin less is needed and their fragrances last longer. In the shower on wet skin I prefer to use either almond oil or when I need a bit more moisture, avocado oil which are way less expensive. Arms, décolleté and of course on my hair to give it texture and tame those little fly aways.

The texture... 

Caudalie Huile Divine is very light so this makes it a nice option for Summer after shower. If I compare it to Liérac and Nuxe I would say this is the lightest and least moisturizing, Liérac being the heaviest. When it's very hot this can be a welcomed option. It penetrates fast and doesn't leave any greasy feel on the skin.

The fragrance... 

At first, well the only word that comes to my mind is "caudalieish" where there's a nice hint of green grapes. This fades quickly and with the warmth of the skin is replaced by a nice bouquet of luscious flowers which includes hibiscus. One will take center stage, the rose, accompanied with a hint of grapefruit. I must say the progression is quite lovely but unfortunately on me, it doesn't last. While some have written that Caudalie Huile Divine replaces their perfume it's not the case for me for after three hours or so I can barely smell it anymore. This is where skin's chemistry comes into play. Some have said that Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse's fragrance fades quickly on them while on me it lasts almost an entire day. Here with Caudalie Huile Divine, the opposite occurs.

Do I recommend Caudalie Huile Divine? Yes

Surprised aren't you? So far one would have thought that I would pass on this one given my comments but even if the fragrance didn't last that long as I would have hoped, this oil provides nice light moisture and I must say, for my hair, it's fantastic! Since I purchased the small size which goes for $9.99, my bottle doesn't have the nice grape details or the wooden cap but, as I've mentioned, it comes with the spray with a tight fitting gold cap and this makes it a great option go keep in my purse which I will to tame my hair. Caudalie Huile Divine doesn't weigh it down and is perfect to use during the day to give it extra definition and oomf! The fact that the fragrance is light will not make it annoying to anyone. I used to work with a lady who would spray herself three times a day with her Ferragamo and, well, my nose had a hard time to cope with it and I'm sure I wasn't the only one...

Will I repurchase? Yes

Honestly I don't know if I will commit to the large size but I will keep a small one in my purse for sure since it unfortunately is not refillable. I don't mind reapplying oil to my hair during the day and I've done it often recently due to high humidity. In Winter, with the heating, it can get so dry indoors that this becomes almost a necessity and the small size is so easy to carry in a cosmetic bag. I also find that Caudalie Huile Divine is rather nice to use on the back of my hands. During the day my skin can get a little irritated due to washing and this oil is quite soothing. Now since it's light it doesn't leave a greasy feel and doesn't make my hands slimy if inadvertently I get them wet which can happen with hand cream.

The small size, give it a try. It may well become a favorite to you as is the case for so many.



Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 4.8 / 5 lippies for 14 reviews.
Beauté-test: 4.2 / 5 stars for 200 reviews


Ingredients (from Beauté-test)
Ingredients : vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil*, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil*, isoamyl cocoate*, coco-caprylate*, parfum (fragrance)ethylhexyl palmitate*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter extract*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, hibiscus sabdariffa seed oil*, argania spinosa kernel oil*, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (octinoxate), butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane (avobenzone), tocopherol*, ethylhexyl salicylate(octisalate), palmitoyl grape seed extract*, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit/leaf/stem extract*, citric acid*,benzyl salicylatelinalool, hydroxycitronellal, butylphenyl methylpropionallimonenecitronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol. (107/078) *Origine végétale



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...