Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Beauty Tips For Beating The Heat...

It's been pretty hot recently and depending on where you live it may still be sticky and uncomfortable. I've got a few tips that may help if not stay cool at least give you the illusion of freshness. I would have a hard time without my air conditioning but hey, I do have to go out so I can't escape the heat. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we don't lose our electricity like it's been the case in some parts following torrential rains. Believe me, I feel for you!








My usual suspects...

Thermal water, rose water, Caudalie's Beauty Elixir and Grape water are all favorites of mine and except for the Beauty Elixir I keep them in the fridge for extra heat relief. As shown on the picture above, you can use a bottle of Evian or spring water and transfer into a spray bottle just as you would with the rose water. Cheap and easy.




Cold compresses...

Applied to the face or at the base of the neck they make a world of difference to me, especially after a walk in the heat or mowing the lawn! :)




Body moisture and fragrance...

I keep it simple. I use almond oil at the end of my shower in the morning and pat dry. In the evening if I feel the need for a little extra I use this pomegranate lotion by Weleda but only on knees, elbows and feet. It's light and penetrates quickly but honestly, most of the time I take another shower and go for almond oil again.

For fragrance I keep one of these little babies from The Body Shop on hand. Just a quick spray on my wrists and I smell freshness. Oceanus, unfortunately discontinued is a nice fresh aquatic and Pink Grapefruit, well, that one gives me the impression of still being in the shower. It's fragrance doesn't last very long unfortunately but since the bottle is so small I can carry it with me and reapply during the day if I feel the need to.




A word of caution...

About spraying your face. Caudalie's Beauty Elixir dries almost on contact but the others don't so make sure you pat dry otherwise they can not only dry up your skin but also the little droplets can become like tiny magnifiers in the Sun.


Here is how Julius stays cool...

There's nothing like lying in the cool grass, in the shade and yes, he did have a large bowl of cool water close by. :)




He has to go to the groomer soon, I wonder if I should have him get the schnauzer cut. What do you think?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...