Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Garnier Fructis Style Thermo Sleek-Spray / Review

In my Quest to find the perfect anti-frizz styling products, I recently purchased a few Garnier Fructis products. I've already reviewed the Triple Nutrition Miracle Oil, here. This week I've been experimenting with the Thermo-Sleek Spray.



How did I use it?

I'm not going by the first two times I tried it since on those days we ended up with rain and it was extremely humid. I don't think anything would have made much difference on my type of hair.

Yesterday...

On towel dried hair. The spray is not that great so I sprayed about ten times in my hand to apply to the length and another seven times or so close to the roots, about one inch from them. Using a comb at this point is a good idea to help spread this gel like liquid evenly. I let my hair air dry about 30 minutes or so before using the blow dryer and honestly, I don't know how this product would fair with a regular blow dryer, I have a pro version that gives a lot of heat and this does make a huge difference as far a end results are concerned, especially for me since as I've mentioned before I have super thick hair.

Blow drying my hair I was a little annoyed by the steam the product caused. It was as if my hair was catching fire! It was not but still a bit scary. Once I was done I did have perfectly straight hair so I figured I'd skip the flat iron. One hour later my hair didn't look so sleek. It was starting to do it's own thing, again! Normally I would have dragged my feet back in the bathroom to plug in the flat iron but yesterday was one of those super hot days so my hair ended up in a bun.

This morning...

My hair feels a bit dry, almost "staticky" which is a little weird for Summer. I do have some frizzes but it's not as bad as with Frizz-Ease reviewed, here. Because of that dry sensation I will not use the flat iron today. It's Saturday anyway and I don't want to damage my hair. I'll simply use a bit of oil to tame it and will likely wear it up again.

Would I recommend Garnier Fructis Style Thermo Sleek-Spray? It's a no for me but yes for some.

It didn't give me the outstanding results I was looking for. If you have thick/coarse hair, I don't think you'll fair much better than I did. If you have medium to thin hair that's already on the "straitish" side then I believe you will likely end up with good looking straight hair. I paid under $4.00 for this but if you have long hair you will find the bottle to be on the small side. It's only 150 ml so if you wash your hair every two days on average you will use this product pretty quickly. I've used it three times and already a fifth of it is gone.

The fragrance is on the strong side when you apply it but fades nicely after an hour or so which is a good thing since I'm not that much of a fan of the "Fructis" smell.

This product seems to have been on the marked for a while in Australia (maybe in other parts of the world as well) but it's not showing on Garnier's Canadian, American or French websites. There aren't many reviews of it either but from the ones I've read Gariner Fructis Style Thermo Sleek-Spray appears to get an average of 3 out of 5.

I will not repurchase but again, it's not because it didn't work for me that it won't for you.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...