Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

RoC Micellaire Confort Extrême, Cleansing Water


This is the first micellar cleanser I tried and when I purchased it I must admit that, I didn't even know what it was. Weird I know.

 That evening, I was at the pool with my daughter. She's part of a competitive swimming club and trains several times a week. I decided to go to the drugstore nearby to get a new cleanser since I was all out. 

RoC products where on special that day so I figured, why not? I'm not particularly picky and neither is my skin usually as far as cleansers are concerned. I had used some of RoC's moisturizers in the past and they where fine. I bought the Energizing Cleanser and the Micellar Cleansing Water Extreme Comfort  for about $15 each. When I got home, I asked myself, why the heck did I get two cleansers? It didn't take long for me to figure it out. I started to use the micellar water in the same way I used that lovely Gatineau toner, ages ago. 


Very gentle with no fragrance, it does a good job to remove basic makeup. It was great for eye makeup but I can't vouch for waterproof mascara. I can't comment on tenacious eye liners either. It would seem that no eye liner wants to last all day on me. When I find my HG (Holy Grail) I'll be sure to post about it.

Back to RoC. Like with all micellar waters, my favorite use for it was as a morning cleanser. It gently removed oil and impurities accumulated at the surface of my skin during the night. Not as drying as Bioderma's offerings but slightly more oily than Nuxe and Caudalie.

Why did I not repurchase it? Quite simply because I found it boring! I enjoy a little fragrance and this has barely any. Still, for someone with delicate, sensitive skin, prone to allergies, RoC Micellar Cleansing Water Extreme Comfort might be a very good option.


Here's a little wink at my daughter.


Taken during a competition, I just love this picture.


Sorry! I just couldn't resist. :D


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...