Nasa imagery of Sandy bearing down
on the US East Coast on Monday
- Historic, life-threatening coastal flooding now occurring along NY Harbor and Long Island Sound.
- Manhattan is in the dark!
- Parts of Lower Manhattan under water.
- Sandy ravages New York City.
- Flooding occurring inside of subway stations in lower Manhattan.
- Seawater rushing into N.Y. Battery Tunnel.
- New York's JFK International Airport is closed due to flooding.
- The Queens Midtown Tunnel is closed.
- All MTA bridges and tunnels are closed to traffic.
- Streets turned into raging rivers in Atlantic City, N.J
- Mayor: Part of Atlantic City Boardwalk "wiped out".
- Atlantic City under curfew until 6 a.m. Tuesday.
- N.J. Governor: Evacuations no longer possible.
- Maryland Governor: 300,000+ without power.
This is what I was able to read on the TV screen in just the last 10 minutes or so.
Not surprisingly MakeupAlley is down! It was probably due to the explosion of a huge transformer in NYC. I can't even get on the CNN website at the moment.
There are many people who are probably considering rehab at this moment since the site has been down for close to an hour and a half and I can only imagine the reactions of members when it's back up and running.
Totally unimportant! The main thing is, hopefully people are safe and stay safe.
In Montreal we can feel the winds but they are nothing like what our US neighbors are getting.
No MUA, what to do? Read, write a blog, snuggle up with your darlings, humans and non-humans. In other words, get a life! Not being glued to the computer can be quite liberating.
I do sincerely hope everyone is safe! *Hugs* to all who are living it.