Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Fall Skin Care Routine

Ok it's official, Summer in Montréal is over! Sniff! We will still have a few warm days, summer like, but these will be considered gifts, making us dream of next year. Fall is slowly settling in and even if the leaves are still green for the most part in my area, the pear tree in my yard is getting redder and redder by the day.

Pear tree, getting ready for winter. 



My hydrangeas are now looking sad.

My skin is starting to feel it too. In summer, my cheeks are normal and my t-zone is oily. For the past week or so, it's changing. Seems my cheeks are getting dryer and my t-zone more normal than oily. This means that I have some adjustments to make.

All summer I've been using foam cleansers and micellar waters. Some nights I didn't even bother with moisturizer using instead just a serum. I'll have to start using cream cleansers and oils again along with a heavier cream, at night especially.

Oh darn! Gonna have to start being more diligent, again!

So, here goes with what I have so far.

Morning:

Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals.
Witch hazel
Vitamin C homemade serum
Avène Redness-relief Soothing Cream spf25

Evening:

Avène Redness-relief Dermo-cleansing milk
Witch hazel
Avène Eluage Cream
Avène Eluage Firming gel (eyes and forehead)

2 or 3 nights a week I use unscented baby oil to help prevent clogs and blackheads. I use this on damp skin, massage a few minutes, remove the residue with a damp baby washcloth and follow with Caudalie's Foam Cleanser.

A few nights a week I take a break from Eluage and go for either Caudalie's Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream or Nuxe's Crème Fraîche Suractivée. Caudalie's has a chemical exfoliating effect. Unfortunately I don't know what % but it feels on my skin like it's about 6% glycolic acid. The Crème Fraîche for me is like a soothing balm and the fragrance, although mild, is divine.

For the eye area, after 5 or 6 nights straight I have to take a break otherwise it gets irritated by the Eluage Firming Gel which contains retinaldehyde for anti aging. If I overdo it, the area ends up looking dry and wrinkly. Not what I'm going for so, on nights when I need extra deep moisture, I use unrefined shea butter. That stuff is amazing!!! Before MUA I didn't know how great this natural ingredient was. I have to thank my friend Laura for this. She was so right! No more expensive eye creams for me, this is better than anything I've ever tried, for real!

Today is grey and cold but my baby doesn't seem to mind so off for our walk!

Julius getting impatient!

Hopefully next weekend we'll be able to go enjoy this. Great that this is at walking distance from my house. Unfortunately for this walk Julius will have to stay home. I'll take my other baby, my daughter.

Fall Colors Walking Tour



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...