Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Rimmel Match Perfection Blush in Medium / Review

Again I tried to take pictures to show you this newest find. They came out horrible and weird. I will definitely have to wait for the weather to get warmer and try to organize a specific area to do this outside. The way my house is oriented I don't have direct sunlight coming in and so the colors don't turn out the way they should.




The image below taken from Rimmel website does not render the colors correctly either. They are in fact warmer than shown. For instance, the medium pink has some coral undertones which are not obvious here.

Rimmel Match Perfection Blush in Medium

How do I use it?

You can mix the 3 shades together by swirling you blush brush over the compact. This will give a nice light pinkish shade. I actually prefer mixing the 2 darker colors to apply on my cheeks and finish off with the light one for a soft highlight effect on my cheekbones. The finish is quite lovely and looks very natural. It's not matte but has just enough shimmer for me since I don't quite like the "disco ball" effect.

Would I recommend Rimmel Match Perfection Blush? Yes!

Under $10.00, I actually paid $5.49 for it since it was on special. A steel! The quality of the powder is quite surprising and I am more than impressed by it just like I was with the Natural Bronzer reviewed here. It goes on smoothly and I do believe this combination would suit just about any complexions from light to medium. It's a 3-in-1 which is like getting 2 blushes and 1 highlighter in one go if that's the way you like it. Again, at that price it's truly one to get.

The downside...

This is another horribly cheap looking container, almost identical to their Natural Bronzer and I'm left wondering why they don't improve on it. Once you open it you can hardly close it up again so it's not one for carrying around in your purse for touch ups unless you have a tight little cosmetic bag.

Finally...

Honestly, even if the container is bad looking and cheapish, give it a try. Rimmel Match Perfection Blush is really a surprisingly good quality everyday 3-in-1 product. .


Screen Capture Rimmel London UK

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...