Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 26...

OT, totally OT... 

This last Tuesday I lost my bank card AGAIN!

On Wednesday morning I had to take Catherine to an important registration and so we went to my bank first to get a replacement. Two ladies, one in training the other the trainer were at the counter. I explained to them I had no time for any training process for I was in a big hurry. The bank opened only at 9:30, I had to get to the registration thing and start work at 12:00! Did they comply? What should have taken 10 minutes took 30!!!

To the registration we went... by the time we got there, there were already about one hundred people ahead of us! One hour later we finally got to sit in front of a nice lady to do our thing. When came time to pay... my card was REFUSED!!! The pin number didn't work!

The frustration, they didn't accept cash which I had way enough of on me. It was either debit card or certified check!!!

Back to my bank we went! Good thing it took over half an hour because heads would have rolled. I was ready to take the whole building down, that's how angry I was!




I was able to calm down (a little) by the time we got there and I ended up with a male clerk. I'm tellin' ya, that bank is in big trouble!!! It took another half hour to have another card made and make sure my pin number was set up correctly! That guy was really, I mean really clueless! When I asked for a certified check (there was no way I was going back to the registration given the time) he had a blank look in his eyes!

I think when all was done it was 1:20 (remember I had gotten to the bank at 9:30 that morning!) so I sent Catherine on her way for the registration (she got lost 2x!) and I went to work. I entered my office at 2:20 pm!!! People thought I was going to be a no show for the day!

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention that I woke at 3:30 am that morning and was unable to get back to sleep! By the time I got to work I already had a long day in me!

Oh lordy! Gimme a minute here, I'm feeling all tired again! *goes for another cup of coffee*

This week's makeup love...

Given the fact that the first half of my week felt like I had been sent to hell, I didn't really do anything different so it's getting real boring. It was the same old Clinique palette with Diorshow mono in Velvet. I did try the Guerlain look I posted last week, here, but it was a fiasco! I had used my NARS primer but for some reason the somewhat smokey look didn't take and my lashes didn't hold the curl so I kinda looked makeupless!

This means that although I mentioned last week I wasn't going to look for another mascara, well, I'm going back on my word. I just can't stand it anymore. I purchased one Friday and so far so good but I'll wait a few weeks before declaring my love to it... now that of course is if it is love! :)

Although I'm still using NARS Laguna bronzer almost everyday I did give this baby a try this week...


Terra Inca Sublime Radiant Powder, from summer 2011


Gorgeous isn't it? I believe it will keep it's pattern for a good while since I have to apply it with a light hand. It has a lot of shimmer and so I use very little over my Terracotta 01 for a little extra glow.

What I have my eyes on...

Nothin', nada! Trying to stick to my no/low buy for now and so I'm avoiding temptations by not going into stores. Erm... I have been considering a crock pot but that's not makeup related! :D

For your viewing enjoyment...

Sorry but this week my choice is not beauty related. Based on a series of books I read several years ago that came highly recommended by my friend Nico... In fact I think it took me two years before I finally read the first one, the trailer for the series...

Outlander...





If you haven't read them and like adventure/historical/love novels, go get the first, now!!! You'll have plenty of time to read it before the series starts. It's fun, a romantic fantasy that's a little overdone at times but then I guess if it wasn't it wouldn't be that fun now would it? Oh almost forgot, they were written by Diana Gabaldon and the fist book is called Outlander although I've heard it may also be titled Voyager.

Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...