Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush...

I'll start with the end... this brush is perfect but the price is the equivalent of highway robbery!!!

I think I've mentioned before that my lids aren't what they used to. Aging is starting to show and so I've had to tweak my eye makeup application a little, especially my eye liner. I've been using the same brush ever since I fell in love with L'Oréal Infaillible Lacquer Liner but recently it wasn't doing as smooth job as before. It's a little too wide for the precision I now need. I don't like pointy thin brushes for I find most of them too soft most of the time and so I wanted something that would fall in the middle. Thin but wide enough to do a good line quickly.






I truly loved this thin angled brush pictured on top of Bobbi Brown's but as you can guess, it's wideness makes it hard to get in little tiny corners. With nice smooth lids this is not really an issue but when the skin starts to sag a little the "pointiness" of Bobbi Brown takes care of that.

Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush...

I've had my eyes on this brush for a while now and this week, after having to redo my eye makeup because I totally messed my eye liner application, I decided to get one. 

Positively perfect!

Thin enough to be precise and wide enough to do a good line with bristles that have just the right stiffness to distribute product evenly. My first try was with with Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Caviar Ink and when I was done I looked at myself and went, Wow! With my old brush I would do a ok with L'Oréal but always struggled with Bobbi Brown due to the darker color but with this baby, my eyes looked transformed. I'm not kidding!




This is a great brush but... 

$31.00 CAD!!! Are you kidding me?

Somebody is having fun with setting prices. If it weren't that good I would totally feel like a fool for buying it but I guess there's no turning back now. The worst part is, I'm considering getting a second to always have a clean one handy...

Do I recommend Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush? Despite the price, yes!

If you want the eye liner gods on your side you definitely have to put your pennies away for one of these. It takes a little practice but once you get the hang of it the results are amazing. Why consider this one over a less expensive option? The quality! The ferule is tight and the bristles are strong but don't expect it to last years and years. This is not the same as a blush or even an eye shadow brush. I give it about two, three years tops which is reasonable given the number of cleanings it'll get.  

And voilà, my new perfect combination...




So for now my new technique is I first do my line with my wide angle brush (I'm so used to it, it does the fastest even line) and fill in with Bobbi Brown's Ultra Fine Eye Liner brush. The end result is truly amazing and I couldn't be happier. On some mornings I even do an bit of a wing!!!

What's your favorite type of eye liner, liquid or gel?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...