Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick...

Do I need more lipsticks? Oh yes I do! So many brands, so many beautiful colors, I definitely need more!


The piece of plastic is to protect the ribbon that one holds 
to take the lipstick out of it's beautiful sleek case.


Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick in Secret Pink #03...

My first lippy from this brand and I'm afraid it won't be my last! Recently I was roaming through Sephora and decided I needed a little pick me up. It was so cold that day I just had to get something to remind me that spring is coming... It's been so cold in Montréal, crazy!


Look at how pretty is it! So elegant and classic!


In case you didn't know, Rouge Interdit means forbidden red! Interdit! Mon oeil! 

The color...

Secret Pink #3 is described as a muted coral but on my lips it pulls more pink, a very nice light pink. Looking at the bullet one would think it's pretty similar to my last Rouge Dior purchase, Nude Lip Blush #459 Charnelle but it's brighter which was exactly what I needed.


It may not be that evident but the light pigments are in there!


Brighter but not flashy in any way. The finish is just amazing and is in part due to the most delicate light reflecting pigments. There's no shimmer, no glitter but there's light! If you find that matte is too flat for you and are looking for an alternative to creamy finishes, this lipstick may just be calling your name. I know that I love the effect every time I put it on. Although Secret Pink is on the light side, it requires a mirror for application unlike Dior Charnelle which is more sheer.


Natural daylight although on the right my skin looks warmer.


Givenchy Secret Pink, on the left is a nice coral pink but as I've said it pulls more pink on my skin. On the swatches above (one pass) you can see the difference with Rouge Dior in Charnelle on the right which appears almost brown next to it. Can you see why it's been the perfect pick me up? :)

The formula...

Thicker and more pigmented than Dior and so one has to have tip top lips to wear this formula otherwise it picks up on dry patches. It goes on smoothly and feels like creamy goodness! Givenchy Secret Pink lasts a good three hours and on days where I'm not working, fades evenly. On work days it's another matter, by the end of the morning I end up with a wonky line on the inner rim of my bottom lip (this also happens to me with Rouge Dior in Grège). Why the difference you ask? I talk a lot during the day and always have a bottle of water within reach. This is a bad combo for a creamy lipstick.

Do I recommend you run to your Givenchy counter for a Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick? Yes, but...

I love both the color and formula but and this is a big one, as mentioned, your lips have to be perfectly smooth because it can look unfaltering. This thicker formula will pick up any dry patches and although it does feel super creamy it's not more moisturizing per say and on some days I've had to apply a little lip balm mid day.

Look at the pretty duo...




My little Givenchy Le Prisme Visage compact is very happy to have a new friend. Can I say it's a real pleasure to take these out of my purse!

Now I feel I must have a few more compacts to go with my lipsticks, what do you think, Dior next?

What was the latest little pick me up you got to chase away the blues of winter?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...