Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 13...

Ouch! What a week!

I've suffered a bad tooth infection that required antibiotics. On Thursday my face was so swollen I didn't go to work. Today the pain has subsided a little but on Tuesday night, it's coming out! :(

Only one new blog post since last Sunday because on top of that my internet connexion was wonky and so I wasn't able to read as many blogs as I usually do and I didn't write much either since half the time I couldn't even open Blogger. I called and spoke to a technician from my internet provider Friday night and maybe next week I won't have any other choice than to have someone come over to change my modem.

If you see I'm off the blog grid, know that this is the reason. Leaving comments via my phone is such a pain and somehow doesn't work half the time.

Daylight Saving Time...

We're losing an hour of sleep in the morning but Yay we will have "longer" days! Last week I noticed that there was still daylight by 5:00 pm and that was quite uplifting. That little hour in the morning will probably make a big difference this week and I must say that today, the first day, I'm already falling behind. I got up at 8:30 instead of 7:30!!! Sundays aren't long enough to begin with but today has made me go ARGH!!!

This week's makeup love...

Mixing Chanel Mystère with Clinique Black Honey = LOVE! Since for the past few days we've been enjoying a bit more sun in Montreal I've started to use my Dior bronzer and a little more pink on my cheeks. For lips it's been a mixture of NARS Dolce Vita and Clarins Lip Perfector in Candy Shimmer.




The medium shade of Chanel Mystère with Black Honey (the reddish brown, second from the right of the Clinique palette) made a great pair this week, I've tried to put them as close to one another as possible to give you an idea. Applying my Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink eye liner with the Ultra Fine Liner brush from the same company has made a world of difference and my eyes have looked... Wow!  M.A.C Whole Lotta Love Pro Longwear Blush got a little busier. Applied lightly over the sheer warm glow of Dior Bronze #010 Healthy Look was a nice change and I guess it would seem Spring wants to "spring" !

I was happy last Sunday to go back to Chanel Le Vernis Coup de Coeur for my nails. As pretty as O.P.I's The Thrill Of Brazil was the week before, I really wasn't feeling the call of the red. I need plums and berries!

Update...

Sad to say but I've returned the NARS Radiand Creamy Concealer I reviewed recently. I believe it was part of my watery eyes problem. As careful as I was not to bring it close to my waterline, my eyes were a mess. I finally was able to get my hands on a replacement of my beloved Rimmel. The coverage is sheerer but at least my eyes seem to stay dry. It still hasn't solved the mystery since I did start to have problems before I got the NARS.

By the way my review of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer stands. It's not because it seemed to irritate my eyes that it will be the same for you if you decide to try it. Just be aware that irritation or an allergic reaction can happen with any product, especially one used in the eye area.

New purchases...

Being a little more attracted by pinks recently, I bought two Maybelline Color Elixir, a replacement to my Rimmel London Match Perfection concealer and a Bobbi Brown eye liner brush.

What I have my eyes on...

Shu Uemura S Curler!!! This week I went back to Sephora to get one but they were out! I hesitated too long and so I pray they get a new shipment soon. On some mornings I mess up the outer corner lashes on my left eye and when this happens it drives me nuts. I figured that little curler may be just what I need to get my lashes to point in the right direction.




For your viewing enjoyment...

I'm not much of a glitter on nails kinda girl but I know many love the look and for those who do they know that the worst thing about wearing glittery finishes is the removal part. One trick I read was applying white glue as a base! Yup, white glue like Elmer's. I don't know how long the finish lasts but this apparently makes removal easier.

You don't feel like using glue on your nails? Well you might consider this new product from O.P.I...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDBPI_KnIFY


Finding this video I noticed that there are numerous tutorials about glitter removal on youtube so if not this products there might be an option for you among them.

This day is going by way too fast so gotta run and get ready for the week!


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...