Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse

To think that 2 years ago I didn't know anything about this brand. I first heard about Nuxe though a television documentary which included an extensive interview with Aliza Jabès, the beautiful mind behind the brand. Just the name, Nuxe, a combination of nature and luxury is enough for wanting to try some of it's offerings.


Huile Prodigieuse is available in two sizes: 50 ml for $26.00 & 100 ml for $45.00
Huile Prodigieuse Or, 50 ml for $35.00
Available at The Bay & several drugstores

Huile Prodigieuse

Prodigieuse, translates into prodigious, sublime, extraordinary. Is this oil sublime? Enough so for me to always want to have a bottle. This multi-purpose care, multi-usage dry oil is a complex mixture which include St John's Wort, moisturizing and calming; borage oil that has antioxidant qualities; sweet almond and camellia oils who both are very moisturizing. The formula is completed with vitamin E which helps soothe, protect and regenerate the skin. According to Nuxe's website one bottle of Huile Prodigieuse is sold every 6 seconds, an almost cult like following. Launched in 1991 it met with an almost instant success.

What a novelty! A product that could be used all over. Hair, face an body. It's a dry oil which means it penetrates quickly into the skin leaving a silky, non greasy feel. Non oily and non-photosensitizing? Fabulous!

How do I use it?

I love it as a fragrance, meaning I apply it on my arms, neck, décolleté and use what's left on my hands to smooth out my hair, tame fly aways. In summer on bare legs, it leaves nice a healthy sheen. It can be used as an all over body moisturizer on damp skin but doing so I would probably end up needing one bottle a month. Considering the price it would be overdoing it a bit so at the end of my shower, I use either coconut, almond or unscented baby oil all over on wet skin I then pat dry and use Huile Prodigieuse as stated above.

The fragrance lasts all day on me. Surprisingly the first time I tried  Huile Prodigieuse I didn't like it's fragrance, in fact I didn't like it at all and couldn't understand the hype. Then I received a large sample of it in a little gift with purchase. It remained untouched for about a month on a shelf in my bathroom. At one point I decided to try it again......love!

Why did I not like it the first time? I have no idea! Now, it's part of my routine, one of my staples, a favorite! I alternate between Nuxe and Liérac Huile Sensorielle aux Trois Fleurs Collection Blanche, I rarely wear any other fragrances these days. In fact I believe in the past year I probably wore an eau de toilette ten times or so, preferring the soft, more discreet odor of these oils.

One word of caution, it can be used on the face provided you don't have any issues like a tendency to clog easily or have acne. Still, even without these problems I would personally be unable to moisturize my face with it due to it's strong fragrance. 

Two versions are available, the original Huile Prodigieuse and Huile Prodigieuse Or which leaves a nice natural sheen. The quantity of gold specs in the bottle may give the impression that you'll end up looking like Jill Masterson in the 1964 James Bond movie, Goldfinger but no, it remains very discreet.


Celebrating 20 years, you may still be able to find 
one of these special edition bottles.

Reviews:
MakeupAlley: 4.2 / 5 lippies for 101 reviews
Beauté-test: 4.3 / 5 stars for 1794 reviews

Ingredients from Beauté-test:
Isopropyl Isostearate*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate*, Dicaprylyl Ether*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil*, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil*, Parfum (Fragrance)Tocopherol*, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*,Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl SalicylateButylphenyl MethylpropionalCitronellolGeraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene,Linalool. Sans adjonction de conservateur.

What's next? Prodigieux le parfum! Not yet available in Canada, I can only hope that it will cross the Atlantic, soon.


I just couldn't resist!


The Golden Girl, Jill Masterson played by Shirley Eaton, 1964 LIFE cover

Picture source


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...