Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Body Shop's Cocoa Butter Body Lotion & Creamy Body Wash

Sometimes I feel that these products have been around forever when in reality The Body Shop appeared in Canada only in 1988. I remember at one point reading somewhere that Princess Diana used the Cocoa Butter Body Lotion and I guess it's what pushed me to try it. Lame I know but what can I say, I was pretty young back then and like millions of others, under the Princess's spell.

I don't remember how much I paid for the body lotion but I do recall that I was pleased at how affordable The Body Shop products where. Quite a surprise actually when you think that the Princess could afford pretty much anything. 

The Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion is light, penetrates quickly into the skin and doesn't feel sticky. I particularly like it in summer but it's nice to use in winter as well for daytime. The smell, well this will sound funny to some, but it reminds me of caramel more than chocolate. Very soft and comforting. I don't use it every day but I always have a bottle.

The Cocoa Butter Creamy Body Wash is another favorite. Non stripping and creamy, it's a smart option  especially in winter when we don't want to dry up our skin and it has the same lovely smell as the body lotion. When you use a shower puff it turns into a beautiful creamy lather.


Cocoa Butter Creamy Body Wash, $8.00 / 250 ml
Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion, $12.00 / 250 ml

What's nice about these is that you can purchase small sizes to try and see if you like them. I don't remember how much they go for but if my memory serves me right I think you can get 3 small sizes for the price of 2, $10.00 or so. Again, I'm not sure since the last time I visited The Body Shop was in August. 

That was when I bought a small size of the Cocoa Butter Body Butter. I don't know why but until then I had never tried it. I know it's been out for a long time but I was never tempted by it. 

Good thing I got the small size! Although it does provide deep moisture and is excellent for dry patches, I just can't get past the fragrance! It smells chemical with only a slight reminder of the caramel/chocolate odor. So again, good thing I got the small size.

You will notice that the reviews below show that the Body Butter is the most well liked of the 3 products mentioned today. This shows that we are all different and that reviews are just an indicator, a way to get extra information. I'm only telling you about my personal experience.

Cocoa Butter Body Butter, $19.00 / 250 ml

Reviews:
MakeupAlley: 3.7 / 5 lippies for 38 reviews
There are no reviews on Beauté-test 

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ceteth-20, Octyl Palmitate, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Citronellol, Benzophenone-4, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Geraniol, Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Isoeugenol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Citral, Eugenol, Benzyl Cinnamate, Yellow 6, Yellow 5.

Reviews:
MakeupAlley: 3.9 / 5 lippies for 14 reviews
Beauté-test: 3.5 / 5 stars for 45 reviews

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, PEG-5 Cocamide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Cocoa Butter Amphoacetate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Fragrance, Citronellol, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Tocopherol, Geraniol, Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Isoeugenol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Citral, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Cinnamate, Yellow 6, Yellow 5.

Reviews:
MakeupAlley: 4.2 / 5 lippies for 193 reviews
Beauté-test: 4.5 / 5 stars for 165 reviews

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour).


Fun thing to do, bath puff tutorial



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...