Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream...

Warning, this will be a brief and quick "review"!

Reason? I returned it!

Those of you who follow my Sunday posts saw in my most recent one that I had purchased this product to replace my recently emptied Marcelle CC cream which by the way, I ended up liking a lot for winter.

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Color Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30...

Ouf! Could the name have been any longer???




As stated Sunday I bought it during Sephora's VIB sale and thought I had gotten a pretty good deal. Regularly priced at $39.00 it was 15% off. Sadly, it's too rich and a little too sheer for me! Not only is it too rich for my t-zone but it made the pores on my nose more prominent. Not the effect I usually go for in a base product.

This would very likely please normal to dry skin, especially if you want a one step option for summer. For those with extra dry skin you may still have to wear a moisturizer under it.

So I'm not saying that this is not a good product in any way, simply that it's not for my skin type and I need a little more coverage.


This is the only picture I took of it from this post, here.


By the way, the color I had purchased was Light which normally should have been fine but again, it was not enough for my nose. Do know that I'm not Rudolf so it wasn't a color issue, it was an oil issue! It made my pores more visible but I must admit that the coverage wasn't that great to begin with. I thought NARS was too sheer and had passed on it but today I tested both again side by side and Clinique definitely offers the lightest coverage of the two.

I really did think I was going to like it but after wearing it four days straight, had to admit it wasn't for me and so yesterday I was relieved to be able to get some BB from my "superpressed" Estée Lauder tube. Honestly, if Sephora had had this one I would have repurchased it! You can see my review of it, here.

Do I recommend Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Color Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30? Yes and no...

Yes if you have normal to dry skin and if you only need light coverage but it is possible that it could look more opaque on a dryer complexion.

No if you have normal to oily skin or if you live in a warm climate. I honestly don't think it would be long wear on hot days! On me it lasted about three hours on my t-zone and maybe six or seven on the rest of my face which it pretty normal these days.

Needless to say I won't comment on the "color corrector" promises since I haven't used it long enough but then again I don't really believe in these claims to begin with. I like these alphabet creams just for the fact that they're a one step skin perfectors in the morning.

Oh by the way I did replace it with another... Stay tuned...

What was the last veauty product you took back and why?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...