Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Shu Uemura Lash Curler... I'm a convert!

Oh my, how could I have been so clueless???

If you don't feel like reading my ode to this amazing tool, just skip the words and enjoy my awkward pictures. If you don't already have this little wonder, go get it, now!

For the past few months now I've been obsessing about my lashes! I know it's like I have nothing better to do in my life...

Riiight!

My lashes have good length and although I would like them to be a little longer and it would be nice to have a bit more at this time I'm not that interested in lash growing products. Who has the time for those anyway?

Finding the right mascara has been a bit of a struggle and I think I've got that part nailed with Diorshow Iconic but on some days it was great and on others not so much. Lashes pointing down, not picked up by my Shiseido lash curler? I got the Shu Uemura S Curler to take care of that.


Shu Uemura S Curler next to the Classic Curler


Having to heat my Shiseido curler (mentioned in this post, here), on some mornings I just couldn't get that curl! You know that glorious smooth natural curl? I've been using it for about three years now and if I'm being honest, I've never been wowed by it. The fact that it's dark colored I can't really see my lashes through it and often ended up with lashes pointing in the wrong direction, all crimped up. Not a good look and so annoying. There's also the fact that it's not quite curved enough for my eye shape so most of the time the lashes in the inner corners of my eyes ended up not being curled at all.

Bows down to Shu Uemura Lash Curler...

To think I almost bought another! This curler is DA BOMB!!! The perfect curve for my eye shape and there's something magical about the silicone pad! Really, I'm not joking!

A few weeks back I changed the pad on my Shiseido curler thinking/hoping it would make a difference even if the old one didn't seem to show any signs of being out of shape. It didn't make any difference on the curl.

Half the time it didn't pick up the lashes on the outer end of my eyes, for some reason the left eye more than the right but I guess that was due to the way I was holding it. I'm still quite glad I got Shu Uemura S Curler but I knew still I had to change because I just couldn't take it anymore. Lash managment in the morning was starting to take way too much time.

On a Monday I got the S Curler (reviewed here) and on the following Thursday I got the classic Shu Uemura Lash Curler and now my life is changed for the better!

Really it is, I swear!!!


Here you can see the difference in the upper metal plates.


Amazed is what I am! On Friday morning I applied my mascara, waited a bit and then went for it! Using Shu Uemura for the first time with NO HEAT and I was blown away!!!

Used twice on each eye, holding it for about 10 seconds each time... Aaaaand it picked up ALL my lashes!

The curl was perfect and lasted ALL DAY!

*keels over from amazement*

Ok this was beginner's luck because the next morning I did have to use heat but that's ok since I'm used to it. It's still making me save time in the morning.

Do I recommend Shu Uemura Lash Curler? Really? What do you think? 

One of the best $24.00 I've ever spent!

Unless your eyes are "flat" Shiseido would be the one to go with to but I believe that for most eye shape, Shu Uemura will do a great job.

And here are my lashes essentials! Both Shu Uemura curlers, Diorshow Iconic mascara and my little Tweezerman lash comb which I use only a few times a week but is quite handy if for one reason I've piled on too much mascara and my lashes need to be separated...




Instant HG!


Are there any tools in your beauty arsenal that you just couldn't live with? 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...