Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's Catherine's Birthday!!!

My baby turns 15 today!





Last night I told Catherine that 15 years ago I wasn't feeling so good! Heck I was in the middle of labor and was scared not knowing what to expect. I mean of course I was expecting her but ya know... We got to the hospital at about 2:00 am, yup the classic middle of the night hospital trip! Six hours later or so, no drugs, no nothin', I ended up not having to push because she did the work and came out almost like a cannonball. In fact, as she was starting to make her appearance, André and I were alone in the room! He left in panic to get the doctor who thought she wouldn't be born for at least another two hours...

That girl wanted to make her entrance into the world memorable and she did!

As much as she was a daddy's girl this past year she's become a mommy's girl. I don't know what life has in store for her but for now she's the best there is. She's grounded, smart and thankfully not as impulsive as I was. Oh and she's beautiful too!

It breaks my heart that her father is no longer with us to see her become a beautiful woman but I have to tell myself there was a reason for it. Make her stronger to face life? I sure hope so. I know he left a big part of himself in her so at least there's that.

This year one of her gifts is in a way a wink to my dad the sailor whom she's never met. For a while now she's been loving anchors! I don't think there's any particular reason for that but she's been liking everything that's got some sort of Navy/sailing reference and so I got her a bracelet with an little anchor as a charm.

It made her happy and wearing it she mentioned my dad. That made me happy.




Happy birthday Sweetness! Love you forever!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo......................................................


Image source, here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...