Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The PowderPuff Girl Question N°3...

Do you rely more on magazines or beauty blogs when it comes to what you purchase?

Years ago just looking at the cover of Vogue magazine was enough to know month to month, what was In at that very moment but now, I feel like it's a little all over the place.

These past two months I found myself buying Allure and the only pages I was truly interested about have been the ones mentioning new things in beauty, new makeup etc. and there haven't been that many to be honest. Is it because my bloguerette friends are posting fabulous articles? Yup I think it is!




Who needs a magazine that will only show you what the new beauty thing looks like when you can get a feel of what it really is like by ladies who have tried it? True there are many beauty bloggers out there who receive tons of products and simply "love" everything but there are those who will stay honest. They remain diplomatic about their comments/review but they just won't tell you to run out and buy whatever they are reviewing and when they do, well, if it's something you're interested about you just might want to squeeze a little extra out of you wallet because there's a good chance you're gonna love it as much as they do.

There are some items I've purchase just to fill my "blogging duties", my buddy Sara from Color Me Loud mentioned this not too long ago and it made me smile inside since I think that as beauty bloggers we've all done this at one time or another. Then there are the more coveted items that I will read about extensively before having a go at them. What can I say, I rely on my blog roll way more than on any magazine article and I think more and more brands are recognizing the power beauty bloggers hold. Hey, not long ago a Dior rep thanked me for the work I did! The work people! It is work but dang we do love it don't we?

So again, do you rely more on beauty magazines or do you think beauty blogs are more (or getting more) influential in what you chose to by?



*The gorgeous images were created for Icaria's by City Lights Painted Girls you can read more about it, here.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...