Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 25...

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.   Lao Tzu
Friday night watching television, I heard this quote and it stirred something in me. It made me stop and think. I'm not the kind of person who pins quotes on Pinterest and although I probably have a few, I rarely read the ones pinned by the people I follow. I guess I've heard/read most of them before and the ones about love make me sad more often than not, but not this one. It's been hard and still is but hearing this I felt like it gave me a second wind and I just wanted to share it with all of you.

I finally caught up on all the comments several of you were gracious enough to leave on posts from the past two weeks!!! It's been just crazy for me but I'm glad to say that in the next few weeks things should get back to normal... Erm as normal as possible I guess! :)

This week's makeup love... struggle...

Lashes and liner... Argh!!! 

So many mascaras and not one does what I want it to do! Thick curled lashes is what I want but it would seem that my lashes don't want to cooperate. Formulas that used to give me good results don't anymore and so it'll be Clinique High Impact mascara for a while (I'm still using the promotional size I got in a recent GWP but will probably get a full size soon). I will not spend $30+ for a mascara that won't perform unless I read it's the best thing since sliced bread! I am still loving Dior Iconic, it remains the best for my lashes so far but I can use it only about a month and a half due to the super tight bristles. Curse those stiff lashes of mine! 

Eyeliner? My issue is not with the product I use, L'Oréal Infaillible Lacquer Liner, but the state of my lids close to the lash lines. They're slowly answering the call of gravity! *cries* This means that I have to adjust my application to make the line even and this past week I've had to redo my eye makeup twice on one eye! :(


Still loving my Shu Uemura curlers reviewed here & here.

New additions...

On an "almost" no buy as mentioned last Sunday, I did spend a lil' somethin'... The Body Shop was having a sale hard to resist and so I got the shower cream ($5.00) and the body butter ($10.00) from the Brazil Nut like. The smell is amazing!

What I have my eyes on...

There is that Guerlain bronzer, again, but this week taking advantage of one of many sales I purchased a pair of black sandals instead! Smarter I think. Like I've mentioned several times already I'm rebuilding my wardrobe and so I guess I'll keep my money for whatever good basics I can find on special. Gotta be smart!

For your viewing enjoyment...

From Guerlain, a look I'm planning to try/master because it doesn't require eyeliner except maybe on the outer corners or the eyes. It could be faster to do this in the morning and so I'll try look 3 later today.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J7U0a6PY4g


Aren't the Écrin 2 Couleurs stunning? I'd love to get my hands on Two Parisian, a lovely pink and smokey black but that would probably be too dark for me so I'll try this look with Diorshow Mono in Velvet (this is the shadow that gets the most love from me and it pops up in almost all my #fotd makeup pics on Instagram) and if I find it's not enough I can deepen it with others I already own. The Écrin 2 Couleurs are $51.00 a pop so there's no way I'll be getting one anytime soon especially since the colors I'm liking are somewhat dupable.


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...