Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 27...

Finally a somewhat normal week!

Wonky schedule but I still have my bank card after a week and a half so that's good and nothing crazy happened! Few!

Am I getting old?

Yesterday Catherine was getting ready to go to a sleepover to celebrate her friend's birthday. On a side note, weird, it was the first time in 15 years I was alone in the house. I don't think until now I would have had the strength for it but with Julius and Fifi it turned out ok. So as I was saying, my daughter was organising her things and she came to me a little overwhelmed by the fact she had to wrap her friend's gift. I took out a gift bag and some paper and boom, the t-shirt she had purchased was ready to be gifted! That's when she said to me "You must have wrapped lots of gifts in your day!"

Wait what? In my day???

She keeps telling me I'm the star mom amongst her friends and that I'm often the subject of conversation. Always made up, looking "young", like not really a mom in a way and then she hits me with "In your day"!

Argh!!! Where are my glasses I can't find my cane?

Honestly it's truly funny and I know It'll happen more and more. What can I do, that's just the way life goes! So yes I am getting older.

This week's makeup love...

Well I realised that I'm going to have to buy a replacement for my beloved Rouge Dior #459 Charnelle! Yes it has surpassed Grège 1947 as my number one go to, the one that results in my lips but better par excellence and I just love the formula so much that when my friend visited from Australia I made her buy one! 


Time to start using a lip brush!


Addicted, makeup obsessed, in love with beautiful things...

First thing we did when we met was going for sushi and it was the perfect premise to talk and catch up. Of course we talked a little about my blog and as I mentioned a few weeks back, I felt real proud seeing the look on her face when she saw my home page. Anyways, since we were on the subject of makeup she said she needed a new eye liner and lipstick... Could I recommend any?... Erm... Duh!!! :)

At Sephora I had her buy Bobbi Brown's latest Perfectly Defined gel liner in pencil form aaaaand Rouge Dior in Charnelle! Once paid, she took it out of it's box, was ready to go for it and just apply it but I stopped her! I mean I just had to, it's Dior!!!

I know, I know it's just a lipstick but come on, the attention to detail is worth the "stop and admire" isn't it? Is it just me? Don't answer that, it'll be asked again this week in my new weekly rendez-vous, The PowderPuff Girl Question. :)

New additions...

If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw that I did make a small purchase despite my current low/no buy at the newly opened The Face Shop this week. I bought a cleanser and three sheet masks. I believe I'm going to like the cleanser and as for the sheet masks, that will be a new experience for me since I've never used any. I'll try to test them during the same week so I'll be able to tell the difference more easily if there is one.

I also bought what could be one of my last O.P.I nail polish. Kiss Me I'm Brazilian is a beautiful soft toned pink that I figured I would wear a few times but just trying to apply on my left thumb was a pain. Since it's Sunday I may try again later today if I have time.




What I have my eyes on...

Except for a new Charnelle which is becoming hard to apply I'll be looking into an eye makeup remover for waterproof mascara. Clinique is a not go since it stings my eyes the same way Lancôme does. Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover is lovely but a little too expensive at $28.00 because I use a lot so I'll try to get a sample of Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover which goes for $7.00. Since I did love their micellar water reviewed here, I may be surprised again. I will also experiment with carrier oils I have like sweet almond, coconut and unscented baby oil.

For your viewing enjoyment...

Even if I'm disappointed by my latest O.P.I purchase, I'm the first to admit they have fun collections. This latest is a collaboration with the giant Coca-Cola. Nail polish and Coke? I don't know who came up with the idea but I must say, the colors are really fun. This also makes me wonder, how many reds can a company produce? O.P.I must have so many dupes!


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THsvRMS8Kkg&list=PLQJUg0LNqNatSIO-M1qlMsj5umZBR5-ET

Oh and by the way, I don't wear glasses, yet! :D


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...