Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 32...

Last week as I had just finished writing my Sunday Post something happened that took me completely off guard. I don't want to go into details but let's just say that for me it was big and so there was no way I could concentrate on blogging and honestly, I can't much at the moment either. I just need a little time to get my things in order so I hope you'll bare with me and stick around.

Thank you for your emails guys, you know who you are... amazing! I have no words to express how thankful I am and can just say that the beauty blogging community is awesome, just plain awesome!

Although I haven't been writing nor have I left many comments on my favorite blogs I have been keeping track during the day and in the middle of the night (insomnia's a b...). Phone and tablet aren't the best for commenting and in the evening I just didn't have the energy to open my lap top. If you want to know what I've been reading have a look at my blogroll and at Wondegondigo's. Yes I stalk Belly's blogroll! :)

Oh and by the way, any idea on how an Instagram tag works? I was tagged yesterday by my friend Sara and have no idea how to complete this. I guess it would have to be with either my tablet or phone since it's kind of not working on my lap top but still I just dunno how to do this. 


This week's beauty...

Makeup this week was on cruise control and so there's nothing to mention but I do have a bit of skincare news, well an experiment I'm planning. A colleague brought back a tin of Germain Nivea from Portugal for me and so I plan on doing a split face testing of it and the Mexican version. So many comments and reviews have been written about the differences between the two that I figured I'd do my own non scientific comparison. I don't know how long it will last, my guess is about a month or so unless one or both break me out so stay tuned. 


German on the left, Mexican on the right.


Bath & Body Works finally opened a store down town Montréal!

About dang time too! I wonder why it took so long but hey better late than never I guess. Of course on Friday I had to go have a look. Stacey from Expat Make-Up Addict has mentioned their candles so many times that I went with one idea in mind, buy a few! Sadly I came out of the store empty handed. Opening day wasn't a good time to go. When The Face Shop opened a month ago there was a bit of a hoopla but here with Bath & Body Works it was chaos! Below is a quick pic I took and I had chosen Aunumn the white one on the left but had to put it back because there were too many people waiting in line to pay.




Fear not, I shall return and get my candle(s)! :)


For your viewing enjoyment...

Give it to Dior to have great promos! In case you didn't know the iconic brand has revamped it's entire quint collection called 5 Couleurs and they are gorgeous, every single one of them. I've had a bit of a swatch party recently and there are a few I would love to get my hands on but at $61.00 CAD I'll do a bit of thinking before taking the plunge and there is that Guerlain Écrin 4 Couleurs, Les Violines, that I so want! Sara (the Instagram tagger) from Color Me Loud has already reviewed a few and so far I think the one I like the most is Trafalgar reviewed, here.


 


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...