Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 30...

The return of my makeup mojo...

I think it's coming back! I really do!!!

Super boring makeup summer that's what it was for me! I think this was mainly due to the bad day job schedule I had combined with my waking up in the middle of the night at least two to three times a week. I chose the easy makeup route most mornings which was fine but hey, boring!

Work schedule is finally easier to live with so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the insomnia. Since I'll be home most nights by 6 pm, I should be able to do some blogging in the evening once I get used to the new hours... I hope. I feel like I've been out of it for a while with not much social media presence but I'll sure try to catch up.

I'll also be able to keep up with your comments, thank you so much for hanging in there you have no idea how much your feedback is appreciated.

This week's makeup love are all blurred up with my new additions...




I played with my new Illamasqua palette (see below), wore a new purplish/pinkish lipstick and went to work with no eyeliner on Thursday! By mid day I felt like I looked like death! I guess that's what happens when going from black to nothing! On Friday I brought out my beloved L'Oréal Infaillible liner in Slate and felt oh so much better! By the way, sorry about how weird the picture above looks but I had no time to redo it and noticed too late my hand showing in the mirror of the NARS duo.

New additions...




Illamasqua is leaving the North American market! Almost one year to the day the brand was introduced at The Bay (Canadian retail stores) it's calling it quits! Sad but in a way I'm not surprised since there weren't that many special events or promotions. In Montréal it was located in a nice looking boutique but in a corner, in front of Armani next to YSL. A quiet spot, a little out of the way which for a brand that isn't that well known is kind of a recipe for doom. Last week everything went down price wise, 25% off! I just had to take advantage of the markdown and so got a palette, lipstick, a mono eye shadow and went back the next day for a nail polish.

I finally got the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst I'd been coveting for so long. Hey at $34.00 a pop it did take some thinking about it. It's love! It's the perfect little boost for my green eyes. Combined with my beloved Diorshow mono in Velvet and Slate eyeliner it produces a great polished daytime look.

Yesterday I went shopping with Catherine and of course I just had to stop by Sephora, again... and as I was planning on getting a Dior Glow lip balm I was side tracked by the new Nail Glow...

Guys, you have to get one! Stat!

These past two weeks I've been getting a little lazy with my mani and there's also my left index that seems to have a hard time to get back to its normal strong self which means that I'd been using an illuminating base coat from Nicole by O.P.I. It was ok but the finish, being a base coat wasn't that shiny. Dior Nail Glow is Da Bomb! One coat, high illuminating shine... It's the perfect every day finish for when you don't feel like color, really it is!

What I have my eyes on... 

I'm still undecided about Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush... I swatched it... again... I'm not seeing it! Am I missing something, will I regret not getting it?

I'm not a blush person, I find them pretty but honestly I've always gotten away with a few colors. Coral, pink and wine have done good by me for everyday but for some reason that Dior Rosy Glow is calling my name but every time I swatch it I'm like, really? It's soooo lite and almost feels powdery. I almost purchased it yesterday, almost!

So tell me, should I, really???


For your viewing enjoyment...

Dior does it again! Talk about timeless beauty, that lady Robert Pattinson dances with is a Babe! I can only hope to look that happy at that age, hey I can only hope to get to that age! Getting older isn't fun but we have to make the best of it! I don't own a car which means I walk a lot and I know it keeps me in reasonable shape and I sure am not planning on not curling my lashes anytime soon! Not having André to tell me I'm beautiful and loved everyday for the past year and a half has been hard, real hard but in a way I've always taken pride in my appearance for me, to feel good about myself.

Aches and pains are starting to be more of a regular occurrence, neck is starting to fall and don't get me started about my eyelids... Still, I don't intend on looking like I'm letting myself go nor do I plan on starting to try to look like a 20 yrs old. Taking public transportation I see women of every ages and so many look drab and sad that it makes me want to get up and give them a makeover on the spot while others look fantastic!

The way I see it, it's not a money thing, it's a willing thing.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV0ONCkyV5s


And speaking about timeless beauty, go have a look at The Beauty +, the new baby of Jane / British Beauty Blogger celebrating the "getting older" thing. Yes it is a thing and whether you consider it good or bad, well, that depends entirely on you. Since we have no say in the matter, might as well make the best of it.


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...