Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder / Review

This product is not even on the website yet! Isn't it usually the other way around meaning, you'll see the new offerings on a company's website and then will start looking for it, waiting for it to be available? Anyways, yesterday I stumbled upon this new display for L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder.







What is it? L'Oréal describes it as a bare skin perfecting makeup.

The texture: very liquidy. In a way it reminded me of Erno Laszlo's Shake-It Tinted Treatment although not as watery, with less alcohol and more pigment.

How did it perform? I tried a darker color on my arm and I must say I was pleased with the coverage. It dried up quite fast and left a nice powdery finish. The problem, it didn't last. About two hours later I could barely see it on my arm and it wasn't due to friction. I must also add that as it did feel powdery smooth it didn't feel comfortable. I got to try YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat recently which was lovely and even Bourjois' Healthy Mix foundation seems more "flexible". I think with L'Oréal Magic Nude Powder one would have to use either a makeup spray or a spritz of thermal water to make it not only feel more pleasant but slightly more dewy.

I didn't see for which skin type L'Oréal Magic Nude Powder is for but, I believe it would be more suitable for combination to oily complexions since it dried so quickly and was quite mattifying. In my case for some reason and I might be wrong here, I would be afraid of oxidation just because of the way it felt on my skin and the fact that at the moment my skin is more on the oily side.

It will be interesting to read the reviews as people get to try it. I guess we'll see soon enough if this new foundation becomes a best seller.


This comment is based on one trial of the product and on my experience. L'Oréal has been one of my go to brands for foundations in the past and I've been satisfied with the ones I've used. It's not because this one is not for me that it's not for you. :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...