Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover / Review...

After two uses, this little bijou has become total HG! Talk about a cheap thrill!

Rimmel London Gentle Eye Make Up Remover...

Due to some recent major "spoiling myself" purchases I didn't want to spend $30,00 for an eye makeup remover. In the past I've used L'Oréal, the little blue bottle and even Walmart's Equate brand and both are fairly similar. That was a few years back and I remembered that towards the end they were getting less effective. I don't thing their respective formulas changed, I think it was more the makeup I started using. They didn't do so well on more tenacious makeup.

I was thinking about getting Clarins but like I said, the price was clearly a deterrent. I even considered Sephora's for a moment and I may still try it eventually especially since they have a small size for $9,00.

I went to the drugstore to get a replacement to my Rimmel concealer and looked more closely at this little bottle. Less than $7,00 for 125 ml? Why not?




How did I use it?

I drenched two little cotton pads and applied to my eyes, pressed gently as if they were compresses. Waited about 10/20 seconds and gently rubbed. Everything came off like a breeze!!!

I had on, NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, NARS eye shadows, L'Oréal Infaillible gel liner and Dior Iconic mascara which is kind of stiff and can be hard to remove. It also did great with Chanel Illusion d'Ombre. I have Fatal and this eye makeup remover left no glitter behind, nada!

Talk about a cheap thrill!

Do I recommend Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover? Oh yes!

It states on the bottle that it's good for waterproof makeup. It clearly does well with tenacious makeup but I haven't tried with a truly waterproof mascara so I can't comment but according to some reviews I've read it may not be that effective. What I loved the most about this little unpretentious product is that it doesn't leave any residue behind like some bi-phase formulas do. The last one I had was Lancôme and I always had to use a  micellar water to make sure no oil would get in my eyes. I tend to be very sensitive to this.

This eye makeup remover has no smell and kind of feels like water but do keep in mind that we are all different and so the risk of irritation is there. This is true for any product used on the eye area wether it's makeup or eye care. Example, Clarins regular eye makeup remover gets lots of love but it burns my eyes, on the other hand I can use Marcelle's micellar water with no issues in the eye area but some can't.

So if you don't want to spend a lot on an eye makeup remover, actually even if you do, give this one a try it's truly worth it. I know I will always keep back ups of it myself.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 3.6 / 5 lippies for 386 reviews.
Beauté-test: I found no reviews for this product.

The negative reviews were mainly for it's lack of effectiveness for waterproof mascara and eye irritation.


What's your favorite eye makeup remover?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...