Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

L'Oréal Nutri-Sleek Precious Oils / Review

If you follow Icaria's you probably already know that at the beginning of the month I embarked on a Quest! I'm looking for products that will help me get perfect non frizzy hair for 48 hours straight!

L'Oréal Nutri-Sleek Precious Oils is the first one to take the boot!








According to one of the reviews on Makeup Alley, this product is apparently quite similar to Kérastase Élixir Ultime. Now I've never tried anything from that brand but you can be sure that if ever I decide to explore it, this offering is absolutely off my list!

First off the fragrance. Now of course given the price difference, Kérastase is probably nicer. This one to me is not a winner! It reminds me of a very bad and cheap pseudo French perfume copy! That bad! Have you ever entered a shop where they sell copies of well known brands? If so, you know what I mean. Not only is it bad but it lingers for hours and hours. I know that fragrances are a personal thing and we all react to them differently so maybe some will like this one but me, it's a big no.

How did I use it?

At the end of my shower. I towelled dry my hair and used about three pumps of the Precious Oils, rubbed between my hands and applied to the length. Closer to my scalp I used Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Crème (a review of this is coming shortly). I usually let my hair air dry a little before using the blow dryer.

How did it perform? A mess!

At first, once I was done with the blow dryer and the flat iron, my hair didn't look too bad. It was straight but not in a silky kind of way, if you know what I mean. At least, if I didn't get the shine mentioned by many in the reviews, it didn't have any frizzes but it was slightly heavy. That day was a little humid so the conditions where perfect for my experiment. After a few hours it started to do it's own thing, again. I decided to use a few pumps of the oil to give my hair dimension and try to tame some if not all of the frizzes.

What a mess! It sat on the surface of my hair like nothing else. I used about the same quantity as I would have, had I used one of my regular oils like Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse for instance. My hair ended up looking greasy and unclean. Yuck!

Again, that smell! By then it was stuck in my nose for the remainder of the day!

Would I recommend L'Oréal Nutri-Sleek Precious Oils? Sorry but no.

If I remember correctly this was in the $10.00 range at the time of purchase and so a big waste of money. I don't think I've used it the wrong way, I simply followed the instructions and I don't believe I overdid it as far as the quantity of product I used.

Another bad point for the bottle. It's made of glass! Glass + bathroom tiled floors = disaster

The only situation for which I might recommend this product would be at the beach. Since it stays at the surface of the hair it would provide a good protection against salt air and ocean water but the glass bottle makes it kind of tricky to carry around and the pump has no cap to prevent spills. Again, you have to get past that fragrance that after a while gets similar to bug repellent. To me that is.

Although this product was a big fail for me you may already be using this with great results. That's the thing about beauty stuff, it can work for one but not for the other. I don't like writing bad reviews, I take no pleasure out of them. I simply tell it like it is, my own personal experience. It's not because it didn't work for me that it will be the same for you and as for the fragrance, again, this is my personal opinion. Thankfully we all like different.

Unfortunately for me, this L'Oréal Nutri-Sleek Precious Oils is going straight to the Fail Bin.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 4 / 5 lippies for 6 reviews.
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 223 reviews.

As you can see, L'Oréal Nutri-Sleek Precious Oils gets good review, especially in Europe where it's called Elsève Huile Extraordinaire Universelle.


Ingredients:
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA EXTRACT / MATRICARIA FLOWER EXTRACT, COCOS NUCIFERA OIL / COCONUT OIL, NELUMBIUM SPECIOSUM, EXTRACT / NELUMBIUM SPECIOSUM FLOWER, EXTRACT, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CINNAMAL, LINALOOL, LINUM USITATISSIMUM FLOWER EXTRACT, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GARDENIA TAHITENSIS FLOWER EXTRACT, ROSA CANINA FLOWER EXTRACT, BISABOLOL, GLYCINE SOJA OIL / SOYBEAN OIL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...