Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

If She's Not Good Enough, None of Us Are!

As I've stated before, this here blog is my little notepad. Last year I realised that even if I was no longer working in the cosmetic industry, I was still in love with it. In fact, I never stopped loving it! Makeup, skin care and fragrances, publicity campaigns and launches of new products, everything!

There are thousands of blogs out there to choose from. Some are more aimed at makeup, others will give you specific information about skin care and others are just there to tell you about new things to expect from the beauty industry, what's coming next. I wouldn't be able to write this notepad without the information provided by these other blogs.  A few I follow almost religiously and others I have a look at once in a while. I just don't have the time to follow everyone. On my blogroll are my top ones but I also follow several through Bloglovin and Google+.

I've had to be selective since like I said, I can't follow everyone. During the past 12 months, there are some I've stopped visiting, simply because the information given was not what I was looking for or sometimes it was just plain wrong. After a while this gets annoying, hence the change of heart. Others I've discovered recently and the ladies writing them keep me on my toes. They are so good it's hard to keep up.

Am I trying to keep up? In a way yes but at the same time no. I do my own thing but try to follow the trends because I know that's what attracts readers. I'm not stupid, I do want to have as many visitors as possible, who doesn't?

Most of the ladies with what I call "Big Blogs" are either beauty insiders or have been around long enough to be on every PR lists and so they get to review products way before they're even available to the general public. Do I follow big blogs? Only a few. The reason? Not all are gracious and some, unfortunately, are quite snob. If you are not a well known blogger, they simply won't give you the time of day. Those I've stopped following.

Of course one has to take into consideration that there are new blogs popping up every day. The people who write them will simply jump all over the place, leaving links to their sites left and right in the hope of having as many followers in the shortest period of time as possible. Let me tell ya, it doesn't work that way! It takes time, patience and a lot of work. Kissing up doesn't work! I myself, on this here small blog, have had a few newbies who have visited just to leave their links. I did publish their comments but have visited only once, just out of curiosity. Are they still around? I have no idea.

One of the blogs I follow on a daily basis is British Beauty Blogger (BBB). Why? Great information, always something new with several entries a day most of the time. I don't know how she does it but it's more than obvious that Jane loves what she does. And no I'm not kissing up, I'm just stating the facts! Some days I would love to switch places with her. Recently she visited 31 rue Cambon in Paris. For those who don't know about this address, well, it's Chanel! To make us drool even more, she had the privilege of visiting Coco Chanel's private apartment, you can read about her experience, here.

So, she writes about products, experiences but also about blogging which I do find quite gracious of her. Sharing is always a good thing in my book for I believe there is a place for everyone but a "smart everyone" if you get my meaning. Now what brand wouldn't want to work with her?

Apparently there is one! I don't know which and I must admit that even if I knew I wouldn't publish its name but I would likely stop buying their products.

Not good enough, her writing is impeccable, not influential enough, I would love to have a 4th of the number of her followers, not cool enough...!? What do they want, flashing lights and rap music?

Some blogs are stunningly gorgeous! The layout, the pictures, the writing are all perfect. Still, they don't have as many followers as BBB, why? Simply because she knows what her readers want and gives it to them in a classy way, that's why.

So, if she's not good enough for this particular brand, who is?

If she's not good enough, none of us are and we might as well stop what we're doing right now!

To read Jane's article, When What You Do Isn't Good Enough click on her banner below.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...