Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation / Review

On my Quest to find the perfect hair styling products to combat the frizzes, I decided to give John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Crème a try. With a name like that one would expect great results, right?








The Frizz-Ease label has made it's name with a serum that's been on the market for what seems like forever. I have tried it in the past but must say that I wasn't blown away by it. If I remember correctly it kind of sat on top of my hair and I didn't get much extra shine either. Still, fast forward several years, the way I see it, it's not because one is disappointed by a product that the entire line has the be checked off.

How did I use it?

On towel dried hair, I used it mainly near the roots so I guess I must have used a little more than a teaspoon. On the length I used L'Oréal Nutri-Sleek Precious Oils reviewed, here. I let my hair air dried a bit and then used my blow dryer and finished off with the flat iron.

How did it perform? On me, poorly.

After a few hours it was as if I had used nothing! My hair did it's own thing like nobody's business. A few days later I decided to use only this applying more product. I used a little under a teaspoon close to my scalp and another full tsp for the length. Remember I do have a lot of hair. The same thing happened only this time the first few hours my hair looked almost greasy. That dissipated but as it did, the fizzes came back!

Would I recommend Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation? No.

This product does get rave reviews but many have found it drying due to the high content of alcohol. The next day I must admit that my hair did feel a little dry. It was nothing dramatic but it felt kind of weird and it was bordering "staticky". Maybe if I were to use it on a regular basis it could get worse but it won't have that chance. What I can point out though is the fact that the next day my scalp was super itchy, especially on the back of my head. Annoying. There seems to be something in it that's not agreeing with me and this is something that happens rarely.

Greasy at first, dryish and then itchy scalp! Sorry but to the Fail Bin it goes!

Do note that my not recommending it is based on my own experience, the way it performed on my hair. It's not because it didn't work for me that it will be the same for you but I do find the alcohol factor an issue.

If I remember correctly this product was in the $10.00 range.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 4.1 / 5 lippies for 49 reviews.
Beauté-test: 4.1 / 5 stars for 7 reviews.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...