Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Face slapping for younger looking skin?

Oh my what next?

Everyone has heard about facial massages at one point or another. Some women will do them themselves everyday while others will enjoy them as part of a facial. If you google "facial massage" or enter the same search words on youtube, you will be inundated with information.

Evidence of massages being performed has been found in many ancient civilizations. China, India, Japan, Korea, Egypt, Rome, Greece and Mesopotamia. Mainly medicinal and intuitive, it's simply based on our instinct to rub areas that hurt. Through the centuries it has evolved into a science and into many different types of techniques. The most ancient ones are linked to medical writings like in the case of a Chines medical text Con-Fu of the Toa-Tse which dates back to 1800 BC. Hippocrates of Cos (460 to 380 B.C.) recognized as the "Father of Western Medicine", author of the Hippocratic Oath mentions "rubbing" in one of his texts saying it can bind a joint that is too loose and loosen one that is too rigid.

BC 2330, wall painting found in the tomb of the highest official after the Pharaoh - Ankhmahor. The tomb is also known as the physicians tomb. Therefore it suggests that what the people in the painting is doing must be somewhat related to health, therefore it is suspected that they are practicing the early version of reflexology. This wall painting is dated back to 2330 B.C. source: Wikipedia

So, if you go on Wikipedia you will find loads of information if this is subject that interests you. Careful about youtube, some techniques are kind of funny and others, well, could end up being harmful. For face massage, some are quite interesting and do help with blood flow and can, to a certain extent, help with keeping the skin firm longer. Just remember that there's only so much one can do to fight against the signs of aging. Gravity does catch up will all of us at one point.

Face slapping??? Now this is nuts!

The other day on my way back from taking my daughter to school this was mentioned on the radio. The way they talked about it and the description they gave made me crack up. I must have looked kind of silly to the other drivers for there was a lot of traffic. Who cares? Silly is one of my many middle names!

Funny how silliness gets to be known so quickly because the week before an MUA member posted about this and I must admit, we had quite a bit of fun with it. For instance, I said "I don't know where one gets credentials for this but I know a few people I would like to "treat"." A friend said "I'll do it gladly for cheap!"

Thai Face Slapping!!!

A woman who goes by the name of Tata just opened shop in San Francisco on Geary Blvd. A 15 minutes cession will take you back a mere $350.00. What does she do? She hits your face!

According to Tata the people she has "massaged" felt their skin firmer after the "treatment". I say it's just temporarily swollen, plain and simple! Apparently very few people in the world do, know about this technique. Well....I do know about it too, in fact we all do! Looking at the video of her doing a "massage" is quite hilarious. On it she also shows a "before and after" picture....convincing? Hmm, funny is all I can say!

Now I don't want to offend anyone. This seems to be something known in Thailand, the country where this technique apparently originated but for us Occidentals it goes against what we are accustomed to. What we expect are gentle massages, performed in a relaxing settings with images of beaches, sunsets and stunning mountain tops on walls that are painted in soft mellow shades. The masseuse, dressed in a white or soft colored uniform with everything set up for relaxation, rejuvenation.... Ahhhh I can see myself.....Oups sorry!

Tata does her Face Slapping in what looks like a barber shop! The client sits on a stool and she goes around, doing her thing. Slapping away and almost dancing while doing it. My guess is she's dancing because she's $350.00 richer. Did I mention she only takes cash!!!

Tata's next venture, Thai butt punching!!!


Please go read this article, it's just too funny: Thai face slapping

There's also this: Thai breast-slapping


                       After this, I need a tall one, extra spicy!


Lychee-Thai Chili Lemonade



2 comments:

  1. Hi it's YogaCrunch. I do Yamuna Bodyrolling (http://www.yamunabodyrolling.com) My massage therapist told me about it and it's really good. I went to their classes also. Yamuna has a DVD and ball for the face, you can check them on her website. I haven't tried the face one but supposedly it's pretty good. I thought u might be interested in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga, I just had a quick look & it does seem interesting thank you! More so than what Tata is doing & much less expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...