Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rimmel London Kate Lipstick Collection


Buying cosmetics at the drugstore can be a pain! Either the displays are empty or they don't have testers to swatch the colors. No wonder I rarely buy any. This week I ended up going on a quest to get my hands on a Rimmel lipstick from the Kate Moss Collection!

Yes a lipstick!

I know these have been available for a little while now but I wasn't expecting the run around. Walmart, the displays where empty. The first drugstore, they didn't have any. Second drugstore, they had the display but no testers.

Grrrrr!

I still bought one on an act of faith, color 08. I guess it was on special since it was $4.49. A steal! The presentation, a black sleek case with Kate's signature in red on the cap. Fun and elegant.

08 is a soft muted pink that when applied lightly looks very natural on me. I'm pleasantly surprised by the texture. Had I known or had I been able to swatch them I would have purchased one or two more. Shades 01 and 12 where quite tempting, especially at less than $5.00.

At least on the Rimmel website we can get an idea of what they look like.

Shade 08, looks more pink here than on me. 

As mentioned these where tempting but seeing the colors on paper is not the same as being able to see and swatch them.

Shade 12

Shade 01

Again, the tube is elegant and fun and another surprising thing, it's quite sturdy and the cap fits tightly.


If you're looking for a good inexpensive lipstick look these up they are truly a good value. I believe their regular price is $7.49. Cheap to get the "London Look"!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...