Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

The End of Twilight!

Finally! It seems to have gone on forever! I never thought when I read the books that this story would have such an impact on popular culture.

Breaking Dawn, available at !ndigo

Yes I read the books!




A friend lent them to me and we both ended up reading them at almost the speed of light. A container was leaving Toronto for Africa and she wanted the books to be on it so they could be delivered to her sister who lives on that continent. In about 3 weeks we where both done reading them. I think I actually read the last one Breaking Dawn, in 2 or 3 days.

Let's be honest, these are not masterpieces. Basic teen litterature with a twist, vampires and werewolves. Put in a damselle in distress along with a love triangle and you're pretty much done with the whole story. Still, these books where incidental in giving many teens the taste to read and for that I can only congratulate Ms Meyer.

How much money have these books generated? I'm not sure I want to know. If you add the books, the movies and all the merchandise surrounding them it must be quite mindboggling.

In all the products, there just had to be some cosmetics. After all, teen girls want to look like Bella!

Although probably not inspired by the movies, I had a look at Lise Watier's new holiday collection which includes a beautiful palette called, Silvery Moon. Inspiring isn't it? Beauty Reflection just did a nice review of it that you might want to have a look at, here.

Silvery Moon Palette 
$45.00

What about Twilight inspired makeup? Essence took care of that. Here are some screen captures from the Essence website.

Essence The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2 Makeup Collection



Musings of a Muse did a review of the collection you can have a look at it here. I must say that the blush is calling out to me although the name is a bit of a turndown, Renesmée Red. At $3.99 it's more than affordable which is a good thing since it's geared towards the tweens and teens market.


Some of the colors names: Renesmée Red, Alice Had a Vision-Again, Jacob's Protection, A piece of Forever, Bella's Secret and Edward's love.

These names don't inspire me at all but again, the collection is for the younger croud. Many of us "older" gals may enjoy them but we probably won't tell we're wearing them! :D

I went to Pharmaprix this morning in the hopes of getting my hands on the blush but unfortunately they had not recieved these new colors yet.... Seems they haven't gotten the memo that the movie comes out today!

Essence cosmetics are available at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix. You might want to ask where the display is since it's quite small and probably set up at the end of an isle.

*Spell Check didn't work. Hopefully you won't notice too many spelling errors. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...