Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Body Shop Honeymania...

It was unavoidable, Fall is here! The days are colder and last night I've had to wear my winter coat!

Argh!!!

It won't be long before this is a daily occurrence because winter IS just around the corner. Tomorrow will be "yard cleaning, tarp off gazebo, furniture putting away day" and that makes me sad. I've read somewhere that this winter may be milder than last year which is good but we may get more snow. In other words we're in for six months of quasi hibernation resulting in red noses every time we go out!

All bundled up, covered from head to toe, the outside cold combined with indoor heating means for many drier skin and if you're like me you'll be looking for thicker formulas to provide instant comfortable smoothness.

The latest permanent line introduced by The Body Shop is a perfect one to turn to and it's got a beautiful fragrance to boot.

Honeymania...

This line was introduced earlier this month and so this means that it has been mentioned in the blogosphere quite a bit by now. For a full description I will refer you to Beauty Reductionista where Liz has smartly written the best one I've read. If I were to go at it I would have the impression of copying her article. As usual she is thorough and her writing style, impeccable!






The Eau de Toilette...

The fragrance doesn't last on me. I tried it in store, over the body butter and got about three hours out of it. The flowery scent is fresh and lighter than the body butter and so for me this is the type of fragrance that if I were to eventually purchase I would enjoy more in summer. For me it's that light.

The Body Butter...

The Honeymania Body Butter has a consistency similar to the Pink Grapefruit Body Butter. It moisturizes well and penetrated fairly quickly in the skin and I do agree with Liz when she writes that it's not as thick as some of the other The Body Shop butters. I have Coconut and Cocoa Butter and both are slightly thicker. Honeymania doesn't need too much warming up before application but it does a good job. I use it at night and by morning my skin feels quite comfortable. If you have the time, it can be used in the morning as well since as mentioned, it penetrated quickly.

The Lip Balm...

Lovely, just lovely. The smell, the taste are very pleasant and I like the fact that both linger a good thirty minutes. Now of course this could be an issue for some if you prefer your lip balm to be tasteless. Not as dry as my favorite Nuxe Rêve de Miel it's not as thin as petroleum jelly. It has some slip to it but I tried it at night and by morning I could still feel it on my lips.

The only comment I will make is I would have preferred a milky cleanser instead of a gel. Similar to both Coconut and Cocoa butter lines. For winter, it would have been less drying and this is the reason why I didn't buy it. Instead I got an extra lip balm for Catherine. :)


Available at The Body Shop, Honeymania...

Body Butter: $20,00 / $6,00
Eau de Toilette: $14,00
Body Scrub: $20,00
Bubble Bath Melt: $12,00
Lip Butter: $6,00
Shower Gel: $8,00
Soap: $4,00


Ingredients Body Butter:

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cera Alba/Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Mel/Honey (Natural Additive), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colorant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colour)

Ingredients Lip Balm:

Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil (Natural Additive), Ricinus Communis Seed Oil/Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil (Emollient), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 (Emollient), Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emollient), Cera Alba/Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate (Flavour), Mel/Honey (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide (Colorant), CI 77492/Iron Oxides (Colorant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake (Colorant), CI 77491/Iron Oxides (Colorant).


Have you picked up anything from The Body Shop recently?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...