Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water / Review...

Following the trend of micellar water Boots recently added one to their No7 line of cleansers. This is a brand I'm not that familiar with having used only one of it's serum a few years back and so when I stumbled upon it the other day I decided to give it a try. Oh and I was a little excited about the fact that it has a pump! I know it doesn't take me much but I kind of like the novelty. :)

The idea behind micellar cleansers is to use one as a first cleanse. Using cotton pads dampened with the water you swipe over your face, neck and even the eye area to remove dirt and makeup and then follow up with a regular cleanser. This is what is usually recommended but I rarely use them this way. I like to use them like a toner, after my first cleanser to make sure my face is clean.




Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water / Review...

How did I use it? How did it perform?

The first time I tried it, that day I was wearing, among other items of makeup, Estée Lauder's DayWear BB cream, L'Oréal Infaillible gel liner and Diorshow Iconic Mascara (non waterproof). I sprayed my face with a little thermal water first and then proceeded with No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water on a large cotton pad. It didn't do so well. Although my pad was relatively drenched of product, it ended up being a little irritating due to the fact I had to go over and over again all over my face. For the eye area, well, it smeared the eye makeup instead of removing it.

The second time, I was wearing only powder, bronzer, the same eye liner but this time L'Oréal's latest incarnation of Voluminous mascara. It did a little better on my face but the same smearing occurred on the eye area.

Ok so forget about makeup removal!

As a second cleanser... It turned out not being that great either. It almost felt as if this micellar water glided at the surface of my skin without doing much and so I'm truly surprised about the rave reviews it's received so far. As some of you know, this is not my first cleansing water and truly, compared to all the others I've tried, I think so far this one is the worst. The only good things about it are the price, a little under $14,00 and the pump.

It can do somewhat ok as a quick morning cleanser but that's about it. While it's formulated for normal to oily skin, I was expecting it to be quick about removing at least the oil accumulated on the surface of skin during the night but it fell a little short for this as well. It's highly fragranced which took me by surprise. This is not an issue for me but can be for others even if it doesn't linger.

So if you're looking for an affordable cleansing water my recommendation is go with Marcelle Soothing Water which is readily available everywhere in Canada. No fragrance, glides easily on the skin and does a great job with eye makeup removal and it's in the same price range at about $14.95. If you keep your eyes on specials it's often reduced at around $10,00.

You can see the list of micellar waters I've tried so far, here.

I'm sorry but this one is a no go for me and so to the fail bin it goes. :(


Ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Butylene glycol, PEG-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium citrate, Parfum (Fragrance), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch hazel) distillate, Citric acid, Sodium methylparaben, Sodium PCA, Zinc PCA, Tocopheryl acetate, Ascorbyl glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium PCA, Dipropylene glycol, Potassium hydroxide, Manganese PCA, Potassium sorbate - See more at: http://us.boots.com/product/37211#sthash.TbypfqeZ.dpuf


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 4.8 / 5 lippies for 9 reviews.
Beauté-test: there are no reviews of this product.


As with any other skin care item, if you decide to try this product and have sensitive skin or are clog/acne prone, make sure to patch test for at least a few days before using it all over your face.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...