Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fragrant Memories...

From Royal Copenhagen to Bleu de Chanel...

The year we met, Royal Copenhagen For Men, was the first fragrance I bought André. It was to celebrate the first of many of his birthdays we celebrated together. This was at a time when I knew nothing about fragrances and so back then it was either I like or I don't which is kind of normal I guess for an 18yr old. What I did know was that I wanted to replace Dior Eau Sauvage, the one he was wearing. The reason? I suspected a previous flame had offered it to him and since fragrances equaled memories, for me anyway, I wanted to make sure that fire was out for good! Since our first date had been on April 24th, by his birthday we had been together six months so I figured I was entitle to have him let go of the "old" stuff!





By today's standards, this is a rather quiet and boring cologne but back then it was a nice distraction from Azzaro, Oscar de la Renta and Ralph Lauren's Polo, the ones that were all the rage. Throw in a little Estée Lauder Aramis and Paco Rabanne and you could say it was the "strong men" age!

Through the years he's had about four signature scents for he wasn't the type of men to change regularly even if he had quite the collection. If he liked a fragrance he could wear it several years without getting tired of it. I think he wore Royal Copenhagen no more than two years and since it was so long ago I don't have any real memories of it. It's the ones that followed that are all engraved on my olfactory hard drive. I can't touch those for now.

Last year I wanted André to go for something different and so for what turned out to be his last birthday, I purchased Bleu de Chanel. I can't remember which were the other contenders when Catherine and I went to the store but she had the final say, she chose it.

He wore it only a few times so I will not comment. It didn't become a signature scent but I've kept the bottle. It's beautiful, classic and elegant, just like he was...




I wasn't planning on posting anything today but I guess I just had to. A little OT, this is for Catherine. It's raining at the moment and so the little specs on the bottle are, rain drops...


Sept mois... Bonne fête mon'Amour, te l'aime!

Pour Catherine, 22 octobre 2013



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...