Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water / Review...

Impressed is what I am!

Just last week I brought you a review of Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water which was just plain bad. Sorry but that product was simply not good and so this meant that I was again in need of a micellar water, again.

I've never tried any of Sephora's offerings before and that goes for both makeup or skincare but the other day as I was roaming the store, looking at all the goodies that I clearly don't need but would love to own... I stumbled upon the Sephora skincare display. I can't remember where I read this but recently someone wrote a rave review of their Triple Action Cleansing Water and so at $14,00 for 150 ml I decided to give it a try.





Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water...

The small size 150 ml, comes with a very handy pump where you simply put your cotton pad on top, press a few times and voilà! Real smart! The larger size 400 ml, comes with a classic body lotion type pump which I find less practical. I tried it in the store and it splashed all over the counter.




How did it perform? Very nicely, thank you very much!

As stated above, I'm quite impressed. The makeup I was wearing, Estée Lauder BB cream, blush and bronzer for face. Rimmel concealer, Chanel eye shadow, L'Oréal Lacquer liner and Diorshow mascara. With my first large cotton round drenched in Triple Action Cleansing Water (I'd say about 5 pumps) I was able to remove all eye makeup from both eyes!!! I simply put the cotton pad on my eyes (one at a time of course) like a compress, waited about 30 seconds and gently rubbed to make sure mascara and eye liner were off. It did a great job. Same for the face with another large cotton pad.

For me micellar water is mainly for eye makeup and I like to use one as a second cleanser for the rest of the face but here I wanted to see how it performed as a first cleanser and it truly did great.

It's also what I go to in the morning and again, the little Sephora wonder did a great job at removing oils accumulated on my skin during the night. Some may want to follow with a spray of thermal water but honestly I don't do it every morning myself. Often I simply don't rinse and I've had no issues since unlike other micellar waters I've tried, namely Avène, it doesn't leave any sticky feel on my skin.

Would I recommend Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water? Yes!

The 150 ml is $14,00 and the 400 ml is $24,00. If you plan on trying it, go for the small size which can be refilled once you're done because as I said, the pump on the large bottle isn't too convenient. Also the fact that the bottle is quite large, it may not fit in all bathrooms.

It does have a mild fragrance so this has to be taken into consideration. If it's an issue I believe getting a sample is in order. I must say that I found its perfume to be milder than Caudalie, Nuxe and Avène as well as that of Boots No 7.

Of course if you are clog and/or acne prone it's imperative to patch test for there are some coconut derivatives in the formulas which could be problematic for some.

You can see the complete list of the micellar water I've tried so far, here.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 4 / 5 lippies for 30 reviews.
Beauté-test: 3.2 / 5 stars for 147 reviews.


Ingredients:
Water, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propanediol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 184, Fragrance, Tetrasodium Edta, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Butylene Glycol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, D-Limonene, Linalool, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, BHT.


Again, if you have sensitive skin, are clog and/or acne prone, do patch test first.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...