Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Notable Reads, Vol. 26...

Big, big, big news... I GOT A JOB!!!


*happy dance*

After so many months and 60 resumés, yes I counted them, 60!!! During the course of the summer I did get several interviews where I ended up being told the hiring would be done internally. I had been looking since late April and finally I landed the job I wanted which means that now, truly, Catherine and I will be ok!

You may have noticed in recent weeks there were fewer posts and this was mainly due to the high level of stress I was under and also the lack of sleep. I just couldn't concentrate and felt that my words made no sense. This means I now have many drafts that are unfinished and hopefully I'll be able to do something with them.





Here's how my week went...

As some of you know it didn't start so well, last Tuesday, October 22, was André's birthday and I had posted about it on Sunday. From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you for your comments, on the blog and via Twitter and I'm sorry if I didn't respond to all, it was just too painful.

I had been dreading that day for at least a month not knowing how I would feel or how the day would go. As it turned out I got three calls for interviews! Two the next day and the third on Thursday. The first one was the one I wanted but truly, the second took my by surprise and I learned today that had I wanted it, it would have been mine!

A sign André is still watching over us? I'll take it as such given the coincidence.


Instagrammed by @ChicScienceBlog


What this means for this here blog...

Nothing will change. I do not intend to stop but might be a little erratic the first few weeks as far a posting regularity which will likely coincide with my "getting used to the new schedule" period. After that I should be able to continue to bring you at least four weekly entries if not more.

This week I was such a crazy head that I didn't take note of any interesting articles and believe me there were many. Also due to my brain freeze I didn't leave many comments so please bloguerette friends, forgive me. More often than not I was on my iPad or phone and these devices aren't the best options for comment writing.


What caught my attention last week...

A bit of controversy about Kate Winslet and Melissa McCarthy both from the Huffington Post and in somewhat the same vein, Filter or No Filter, by Jane, British Beauty Blogger.


Guy Bourdin...

There has been a lot of talk about this fashion photographer recently mainly due to the new NARS collection coming out soon. Writing a piece about him crossed my mind but I've decided not to. I don't like the guy much and must admit, I'm quite puzzled by this creative choice. Don't get me wrong, for me art is art and I've never really cared about who was behind a particular piece whether a painting, sculpture or photograph unless they were notable villains. I will not compare Bourdin to one, villain I mean, but I find some of his work flat out disturbing.

The NARS Guy Bourdin collection is beautiful, stunning actually. I've seen some pieces and they were positively gorgeous but the name of the photographer on the compacts is for me, a deterrent. This of course is my personal view and please do not fear, I will not campaign against NARS nor will I judge anyone who chooses to purchase items from this collection because again, it is gorgeous.

If not for the very informative article itself about Guy Bourdin, do have a look at Christine's post on Temptalia for stunning pictures of the entire collection.

NARS x Guy Bourdin Color Collection Photos, Swatches + Commentary 



On a lighter note, for your viewing enjoyment...






Both are hilarious and totally worth a look!

Again, thank you for your support, comments and virtual hugs. They meant/mean the world to me!


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...