Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Nail trends that should not have been...

It's no secret, nail art has exploded in recent years and whether you went along with crackle, caviar or feathers on your digits, these styles by the way are still out there and somewhat popular, it seems that there is no end to what companies will come up with to make you spend your money either in a salon or a store. I thought it would be fun to show you a few that I do believe should not have been...


Duck nails...

Also called dolphin tails, flared nails, fan nails or whatever, this style seems to have been around since 2008. I think it's time it disappears unless it's for Halloween! Oh and yes, this has been spotted on feet as well! If you google Duck nails you will see pictures of this and let's just say I personally find it extremely unattractive!


This is as close as I will get to duck nails! 
You can see more pictures on Headstyle, here.


Bubble nails...

Hmm I wonder who thought of that one! This picture below is from 2009 so I don't really know when these were in! I have no words for it! Imagine doing the dishes with those!


More on Nails Mag, here.


Stiletto nails...

Ok this one really scares me! Imagine you scratch your back while you're sleeping... I guess I would wake up all bloody in the morning! This trend has been seen on Lady Gaga and Rihanna and although they kind of wear it well, I don't see this style as being practical in real life. A little too dangerous for my taste!


Lady Gaga & Rihanna from Talkingpretty, here.


What do you think about these trends? 

Have you seen them on anyone?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...