Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Annabelle Smoothliner / Review...

I haven't used pencils in a loooong time! Reason? They don't last on me. I have deep set eyes and let's be honest, my upper lids are starting to feel the effects of gravity. *cries*

Now this was before all these new waterproof formulas came out and so I thought I would start having a second look at them.

Annabelle Smoothliner Waterproof + Long Lasting...

Real affordable, I purchased it for under $7.00 and chose the color Gunmetal, a dark grey with medium shimmer.




It glides on easily and since it takes a few minutes to set you do have time to get the wanted look, if you like to smudge it for instance. No tugging, no pulling it was super easy to get a nice clean line and of course it was much quicker than my L'Oréal Infaillible Lacker Liner which has to be applied with a brush.

Did it last? On me, nope!

After about an hour I had traces of it on my upper lids. Not only that but I had to use a little concealer to remove/erase them since they where tenacious. Had I used water or eye makeup remover I would have ended up with ruined eye makeup. The rest or the line, the part that didn't touch the upper lid, did fade a little after four hours or so.

Would I recommend Annabelle Smoothliner? Yes & no!

Yes if when you wear eye liner it doesn't touch your upper lid but you still might have to retouch it during the day since it tends to fade a little (on me). If you have a look at the reviews you will see that these crayons get lots of love and so it's real sad that this one here didn't do so well on me so do keep that in mind if ever you stumble upon them. If you don't have the same issues as me, at that price, they are worth a try.

No if like me, you have deep set eyes or droopy lids. Oh and by the way I don't have oily eye lids so that's not an issue.

Finally I can't comment on how it performs on the waterline since I didn't try it there.

Again, it's not because it didn't work for me that it will be the same for you. At that price it is worth a try!

So sadly for me, this crayon is going straight to the fail bin. :(


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 4.5 / 5 lippies for 65 review.
Beauté-test: it gets a perfect score of 5 / 5 stars for 2 reviews.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...