Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Vichy NutriExtra Hands / Review...

With winter just around the corner most of us know that a good hand cream is a must and if you're like me you probably have a few scattered around the house. Am I the only one to have four at the moment? Erm... yes I mean, bathroom, living room, bedroom, my purse... I need them all over otherwise I forget to use them.

Isn't it fun when you get a 2 for 1 special? I just love them and so yesterday it was just impossible for me to resist especially when it's a product I know I'll be needing, you know, one for my purse and one for the office. On promotion at the drugstore I found this little combo of two Vichy Nutri Extra Hand creams for just under $10,00. Talk about a good deal! I do have favorites but I do like to try new ones and this Vichy felt pretty good when I tried it in store.

Vichy Nutri Extra Hands Nourishing Repairing Cream...





The Claims...

EXTRA concentration:
Laboratoires Vichy has created a concentrated formula of reference hydrating and nourishing ingredients: Glycerin and shea butter. 
EXTRA depth:
The concentrated formula was combined with a urea derivative with pro-penetrating properties that helps to deliver hydrating and nourishing ingredients deep into the epidermis without leaving an oily residue on the skin's surface. 
EXTRA results on the skin:
Finally, one application is enough to sooth dry and damaged hands, and to protect them from dehydration all day long, even after they are washed*. Deeply nourished, the skin is instantly soothed and soft to the touch.
Efficacy proven under dermatological control.

A concentrate of nourishing ingredients delivered directly to the heart of the epidermis for a deep-fill so intense that one application is sufficient to protect the skin from dehydration all day, even after washing hands. For all skin types, even the most sensitive ones.





How did it perform?

It's a good basic hand cream that is best to apply only on the top of your hands due to the slight stickiness that lingers about 30 minutes after application. The tube is small, 50 ml but little is needed, I'd say not more than a pea size amount.

About the claims of "protect the skin from dehydration all day, even after washing hands"...

You do still feel moisturised after one hand wash but like any other cream, that's it. Today I did reapply midday. On Beauté-test it's even mentioned that you'd need to use this cream once every two days!!! The one who wrote this obviously doesn't know what winter is like in Canada! The cold, indoor heating and wearing gloves/mittens are all major contributors to the "need comfy quick sinking cream to soothe that dry sensitive feeling" most of us get especially on top of our hands by mid-day.

Would I recommend Vichy Nutri Extra Hands? Yes.

It doesn't blow the competition out of the water but at $9,95 it's a good reasonably priced basic cream and if you can get one of those 2 for 1 deals, even better!

Little is needed, it sinks in fast but does leave a light sticky feel that lasts about 30 minutes or so depending on how much you apply. The fragrance is flowery and relatively mild but it can last up to two hours. It's not unpleasant, certainly not like some that you have to wash off because you get sick of the smell. This happened to me a few times and it's really annoying. Here you have to bring your hands to your nose to smell the fragrance and so if you're in a work environment it shouldn't annoy anyone.


Here is the little 2 for 1 available at the moment.

Reviews:

Makeup Alley: there are no reviews of this product yet.
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 11 reviews.


Are you like me, do you have several hand creams scattered all over the place?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...