Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base...

Recently I've been having issues with certain eye shadows, especially dark ones, you know the ones we use to really give definition to our eyes? The ones I wear most often don't crease but they do fade lightly during the day...

I'm talking to you Chanel Mystère!

Now Mystère is not that bad, it's actually very good but it does lightly fade.

This I just had to try! Perfect eye makeup that lasts all day? Sign me up!







NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base...

I don't remember exactly when this came out but it's quite recent and it's been getting lots of love from the blogosphere. 

How do I use it?

Dipping the applicator once in the tube will give you enough product for one eye. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the sponge at the end of the wand is a little rough and so I simply deposit a little blob on each lid and spread it with my fingers. The super smooth feeling formula is a pearly white type gel that becomes invisible and gives just a bit of a satiny finish. It dries in no time but it's still the first thing I reach for when I sit at my makeup table. By the time I'm done with basic face makeup I'm ready to apply my eye shadows. 

How does it perform? Beautifully!

I kid you not! With this baby my eye makeup does last the entire day! Chanel Mystère did have good staying power on my lids to begin with but combined with NARS Pro-Prime it really stayed put!

The big bonus! It doesn't irritate my lids the way Too Faced and Urban Decay did. Again, it's smooth and doesn't make my eyes look all "crinkely". 

Do I recommend NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base? Yes!

If you have issues with eye shadows staying powers this one is definitely worth a try. It will set you back $29,00 which sadly is a little on the expensive side but I don't regret the splurge and I honestly don't think you will either.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 4.4 / 5 lippies for 289 reviews.
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 25 reviews.


Ingredients:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Carbonate, Peg-40 Stearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Phenoxyethanol, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract], Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Castor Oil Phosphate, Sea Whip Extract, Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).


Do you use an eye shadow primer/base? If so, which is your favorite?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...