Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 9...

Let the games begin!

After what I would call an interesting opening ceremony, the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics have begun! I know this is so not beauty related but I wanted to wish our Canadian team the best! We have so many hard working good hearted athletes it would be fantastic if all could return with a medal!

I can dream right? :)

Go Canada!

In my opinion, for any athlete to make it at that level is an exploit so I do hope these games will go on smoothly and that many will achieve personal best. Since the blogs I visit most, my top commenters, bloguerette and Twitter friends are from all over I thought I would wish their respective countries the best for these games. I sure hope I didn't forget anyone!

Australia
Belgium
Germany
Great Britain
Ireland
Italy
Romania
Switzerland
Turkey
... United States

Erm about the United States...

Don't get me wrong, I love you guys from the south but not on the ice ok!

The gold medals in both men and women's hockey will be OURS, AGAIN!

Just sayin'! :-D


Recent makeup love...

I say recent since last week was about Julius' birthday! :) These have been my go to for the past 2 weeks!



NARS Fairy's Kiss palette, Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Khaki and Diorshow Nocturne have been favorites for the eyes with Iconic mascara. Rouge Bunny Rouge in Starina for cheeks, Rouge Dior Nude Lip Blush in Charnelle and Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey felt all comfy on my lips and had a privileged spot in my purse with NARS Dolce Vita which I forgot to include in the picture.

Since I was slightly disappointed by Chanel Le Vernis in Charivari I needed a burst of color and reached for Guerlain Madame Batifole. In fact I've been wearing it for the past two weeks.

New additions...

After my fiasco with Benefit They're Real! mascara in cold weather and the not so good performance of Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1, I needed a new one and so repurchased Diorshow Iconic. I'm still not impressed with the brush but I love the formula which lasts all day on me.

I finally purchased a Laura Mercier Caviar Stick and a new Chanel Le Vernis which I believe will be my first favorite beauty purchase of the year! Oh no wait! It's actually my second since I got that new Dior lippie mentioned already in my latest makeup love! Reviews coming soon...

What I have my eyes on...

Nothing much at this time. Sadly I've swatched some offerings from new collections and was left pretty much unimpressed and I missed out on Chanelle Quadrille. By the time I was ready to purchase it they they were out! What can I say, my heating bill was more important, sniff! But that's ok I won't complain since I did get a few nice items.


...Update on Chanel Jardin de Camelias, it'll be at counters in Canada on may 26th!!!




I was afraid this collection would only be available online since there was so little information out there but this was confirm at the Chanel counter this week. Now I realise I completely forgot to ask about nail polishes! :(


For your viewing enjoyment...

Remember how we were all drooling over the beautiful Camélia ring?

Well, have a look at this...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4T-wzTaXY4


Now if only I could win the lottery!


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...