Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF20...

Oh my! What can I say?




I'm not sure but I think this is my 4th small jar of this moisturizer. It would seem that ever since it came out Clinique really, I mean really wants to make us get on board with this one by giving one away in every single gift with purchase.

I must say at this point that this is in no way a bashing post! This is my own personal experience with one product from the brand. I have used several of Clinique's offerings over the years that I was quite pleased with. We just can't all like the same things.

I don't know if it's a best seller, I don't know about the reviews, I don't know if people like it! I simply haven't looked it up and will not comment on the claims since I haven't used it long enough.

What I do know it that it's not for me. It's thick, smells like sunscreen and leaves a shiny finish on my skin as if it didn't "want" to penetrate, to sink in. There's also a mild irritation that's unpleasant which doesn't last long but is quite annoying.

This moisturizer was only good for my décolleté and that was on days when the area isn't irritated. I had a major sunburn a few years back and so I have to be careful about the products I use. Still, even there it didn't feel very nice.

I tried, I really tried last year to like it. I used it for about three weeks when I was out of my regular Avène day moisturizer. I had thought the few jars of Clinique Even Better would take me through summer but no. I gave up and purchased a BB cream.

Do I recommend Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF20? Not really. 

If you have normal/combination skin I don't think this is for you and if you have oily skin you should truly stay away but if you have dry skin it may suit you if you get past the sunscreen smell. You do know that to get the full SPF protection you must use 1/4 tea spoon on your face and at least the same on you neck? Having to use that much of this moisturizer was a nightmare for me. It truly didn't work.

In my view this one is more for dry to very dry skin unless it's used during winter when the weather is really cold. I did try it a few weeks ago, on a Saturday and it was still a no go for me. It left my skin super shiny and I had to use a ton of powder to neutralize it. After a few hours I could still feel it at the surface of my skin.

Skin care is such a personal thing and if this is a moisturizer you use and like then I'm glad. Sadly it's not for me and so my little jars are going in the throw away bin since I don't think I'll bother with it on my décolleté next summer. I'll just use a regular sunscreen.


Ingredients:
Active: Octisalate (5%), Avobenzone (3%), Octocrylene (2.7%), Other: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Nylon-12, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Behenyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Cetyl Esters, Butylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Yeast Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Juice Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Peg-6, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Di-Ppg-2 Myreth-10 Adipate, Steareth-21, Caffeine, Sodium Rna, Cellulose, Acetyl Glucosamine, Simethicone, Tromethamine, Sucrose, Di-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane, Linoleic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betaine, Trehalose, Hexylene Glycol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide


If you are clog/acne prone, have sensitivity issues or tend to have allergic reactions make sure to patch test first. Know that for some, problems can take up to a month to surface.


What was the last skin care item you purchased (or received) you were disappointed about?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...