Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Current Favorites / Makeup

In a few days August will be over! Where did it go???

This Summer was way too short and I just can't believe that we will soon have to start wearing socks again! The blogging world is going loco for all the new fall collections and I agree, there are or will be some stunners out there but for me, this means the return of the cold! I like Spring the most. It announces the arrival of lazy and care free days. Fall, is the precursor to cold and last Winter was such a harsh one in Montreal that I wish I could win the lottery and move to a more temperate climate...

*Le Sigh*

Recently I showed you what my Spring & Summer Skin Care Routine was like and so I thought it would be fun to show you what makeup I've been going for in the morning for the past month or so. I realise looking at these that this was real basic. No fuss, five minutes and I'm done! Compared to the same type of post I brought you in June, here, a few changes where made but I'm still keeping it minimal.







These have been my absolute favorites, I have used other products here and there but there are the ones my hands reached for most often, especially this past month and all have been reviewed...

Face...

Estée Lauder DayWear BB creme
Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer
Givenchy Le Prisme Visage Mat in Peach Plumetis
Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise Duo in Coral Glow

Eyes...

Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude palette
L'Oréal Infaillible Lacker Liner in Dark Slate
Benefit They're Real! mascara

Lips...

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Candy Shimmer
NARS Satin Lipstick in Tolède

Nails...

Essie The Girls Are Out for fingers
Chanel Le Vernis in Taboo on toes


True that Estée Lauder's BB and Bobbi Brown's palette are recent additions but oh how I wish I had put my hands on them sooner.

One quick comment about both the Givenchy and Dior compacts, notice how the embossed patterns are still visible? I've used these almost every day since I purchased them and it barely shows. This to me proves that they where totally worth the splurge. Fine and tightly pressed powders that perform well are definitely worth it and these have excellent staying power so no need to reapply repetitively during the day.


What where the staples of your Summer? 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...