Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Spring & Summer Skin Care Routine...

I do believe I have good skin and so I don't fuss much about it. My take is not only less is more but the more you try things, the more you mess with it, the more chances of having things take a turn for the worst. I've had my skin issues like clogs and yes, some acne but these days I rarely break out and the only products I switch often are cleansers for reviews sake. My main concerns are a little oiliness and aging... *sigh*

My routine is fast, which is the way I want it to stay. Here are the products that I've been using since last Spring where the only different product since then is the Marcelle Cleansing water which replaced Biotherm Biosource Micellar Water.






Morning...





Marcelle Soothing Cleansing Water, since I've cleansed my skin the night before, just a light swipe of this cleansing water makes my face feel fresh and removes the bit of oil accumulated on my skin during the night as well as the peachy pigments from Avène's Eluage.

Estée Lauder DayWear BB, this recent addition is a one step moisturizer light foundation. It feels a little like spreading icing on my face but overall does a pretty good job at controlling the oil and is just enough coverage for me. Before this I was using Avène Anti-redness SPF25 which had recently been replaced. I used it for about two years but would not have repurchased. 

Clinique All About Eyes Gel, this honestly I don't use often. I rarely need an extra moisture kick in the morning.


Night...




Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser, this I love! Removes almost everything, super gentle with a great fragrance. For some reason I always end up with some of it in my mouth! I doesn't taste good believe me. As you can see mine is almost empty. If not for reviews sake I would repurchase.

Marcelle Soothing Cleansing Water, to remove the last of my makeup, especially in the eye area. This works real well as an eye makeup remover but I haven't tested it with waterproof mascara. I don't think it would fare so good with some formulas.  

Eau Thermale Avène, a light spray just before applying my moisturizer is not only super refreshing but helps the cream penetrate better in my opinion. On nights where I wear little makeup, I use it just before my cleansing water, I find it makes it more effective and I need less cleanser.

Avène Eluage, total HG for me! The retinaldehydes in the formula combined with the hyaluronic acid fragments makes this a potent wrinkle fighter and yes, I do use it in my eye area where I've had to start every other night at first and now use it three night in a row and take one night off. Oh and by the way, Avène makes the strongest retinoids available over the counter so they are definitely worth a look. The only thing I don't like about it is it's tinted. It's peach, so white pillow cases with this. I don't get why Avène puts tint in a night moisturizer.

Caudalie Hand Cream! HG, as you can see I need a new tube which I will get as soon as Wallet lets me. 

Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm, HG as well, this is like a drug and I can't seem to be able to fall asleep without it.


Once in a while...




Witch hazel as a toner morning and night but these days I've kind of stopped. Let's just I'm a little lazy... One thing I can say is that I will never purchase an expensive toner ever again! This is perfect, when I think about using it of course.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, This I can use only a few times a week (in all honesty I rarely do, it's actually dying on me) since my skin seems to have issues with it. It's lightly clogging for me so I can't use it every day. For that reason I haven't noticed any real benefits from it and given the insane price I would not repurchase. I use it in the morning under my moisturizer which these days is Estée Lauder's BB as mentioned above. It's about $80.00 if I remember correctly.

In Winter, when my eye area gets dry due to the cold, unrefined Shea butter is the best moisturizer ever. It really goes deep and by next morning, perfectly moisturized eye area. I don't think I'll ever buy eye creams per say ever again either. Most of the time they are the same repackaged in smaller container and do cost way more. I will likely try some in the future by way of samples but I don't think I'd consider buying a full size.

Caudalie Grape Water, this I started using this Summer and really love it! Unlike Avène's Thermal Water, here you feel a bit of a moisturizing effect. I'm really liking it and will likely get a full size which I've just discovered is now available.


Little extras...




Nuxe Crème Fraîche Concentrée de Beauté Suractivée and Crème Fraîche de Beauté Formule "Light" are what I use when I want to feel comfy in the evening. The light version for summer and the heavier for winter. Just the smell is enough to bring a smile on my face! Sadly the formulas have changed! When time comes to replace them I'll make sure to get a sample to see how the new compare to the old ones.




So these days as mentioned, Wallet is not being very cooperative with me. I guess he's still angry about my splurges of last week. There is also that thing called "Back to School"! Fortunately it shouldn't be too nightmarish this time around. So, for the time being I'm using Dove Beauty Bar! I have no issues with it, it cleanses well and costs pennies, for real!

I do have some skin care beauty envies but for now, this routine works well for me for this time of year. I see that some items haven't been reviewed yet so I'll try to rectify this in upcoming weeks.

As I've mentioned at the top of this entry, my routine is fast and easy, no fuss. I do want it to stay that way but will likely add one or two serums. Estée Lauder Night Repair has always been a favorite, I've used it on and off over the years and the newest formula is very tempting so is Ole Henriksen Truth Serum, which I've been wanting to try for a long time now. Hydraluron is another skin care item I want to get my hands on. I think this one will be a good addition for Winter.

I'm not much of a mask person but may go for some sort of weekly treatment, I'll see. My skin is quite different in Winter so extra steps will be added to my current Spring/Summer routine. Even so, I'll make sure it continues to be as simple as possible.


One last note...

This I do believe I've mentioned this before, on days where I know I'll be spending longer periods of time outside, I wear a sunscreen instead of an SPF moisturizer. Either Ombrelle or La Roche Posay.


Make sure that every time you try new skin care you do a  patch test if not for a week, at least a few days. This is essential even if you're not clog and/or acne prone. Adverse reactions to a moisturizer for instance can be a nightmare and it could take weeks for your skin to get back to normal. 


So what do you think? Do you use any of these? Too simple or too complicated?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...