Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Guerlain La Laque Couleur in Tonka Impériale...

I tried, I really tried...

Guerlain La Laque Couleur in Tonka Impériale is a total miss for me!




In the store, on Catherine's finger it looked so pretty, like a nice dark neutral that could be worn with just about anything. At home, on my fingers it looked... erm sorry... it looked plain ugly!

Argh!!!

Now I don't want to offend anyone, this is purely my own personal taste here. We all like different colors and that's a good thing. Imagine how boring it would be otherwise?

So the formula is perfect and goes on beautifully. It could almost be a one coater but two make it even and flawless. The wide flat brush makes it's application fast and easy...

But the color! Oh the color!




To make matters worst it was so hard to photograph! The real color falls somewhere between the two pictures above (yesss I know they look horrible!). Looking closely at the bottle I can see faint shimmer but it doesn't translate to nails, not one bit. For some reason I was expecting a little gold reflexion but no, this is a true creme and it's brown!!!

Again I really love Guerlain La Laque Couleur formula and I've grown accustomed to the brush which I found too big at first but here it's just a matter of personal preferences and Tonka Impériale really doesn't go well with my skin tone.

That color is a no go for me and so I was able to wear it only one day! Applied on Sunday, removed on Monday! I just couldn't stand it! Good thing I took those pictures on Sunday coz there's no way I'm wearing it again...

Can you tell I don't like brown? Sorry Guerlain but a bit of gold would have made a world of difference!


What's the color you least like when it comes to nail polish?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...