Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 19...

Another Sunday and this one is right smack in the middle of a long weekend! Yay off tomorrow again! I could definitely live with a four days work week. :)

Due to the crazy schedule I've had recently (which will go on for about another month) it's been hard to publish posts as regularly as I wanted to and I have so many drafts with no pictures at the moment that I don't even know which to finish first. Feel as if I'm running in all directions like a headless chicken!

Ok so this chick has made several new purchases recently and yes, I will review my goodies! Again, which first? Since I like everything these days it's kinda hard to choose but I will, I promise I will. :)

Finally starting to feel a little spring/summer inspiration...

Am I getting my makeup mojo back? Yup, I think I am! I need a pink blush, yes I do! You know a nice light baby pink? A pink that'll go with a pink nail polish I want! Yeah we all match our cheeks to our nails don't we? Hmm I may have to get a slightly pinker lipstick than the ones I have at the moment too!

Imagine that, me inspired to get a pink blush and I'm not even a blush person, o_O...

This week's makeup love...




I've been very happy with Dior Hydra Life BB Crème but this past week it wasn't doing much for my shiny t-zone on those warmer days we've had (on Monday or was it Tuesday... it reached 30° C) and so I'm not sure it's a complete hit. There's no way I'll be buying another in the same price range so I'll probably do a little research into drugstore brands or I may simply decide to use a regular light moisturizer with my Smooth Minerals compact foundation from Avon which gives me a pretty awesome finish.

For bronzer I've been playing with both Guerlain Terracotta in 01 and NARS Laguna which is really growing on me. The faint shimmer of Laguna makes for a very natural finish and so I like to use it on my cheeks while I lightly dust some Terracotta on my neck to make it match my face.

Eyes, also from Dior, I've been using and liking Diorshow mascara which I purchased a little while back and still haven't reviewed. A blue eye shadow!!! Yesssss! I wanted Diorshow mono in Cabine but found another... from TheBalm and it's pretty awesome. What's even more awesome is that I payed less than $6.00 for it!!! I've used it almost every day this week and I must say I'm very impressed by how it performs.

Notice the repetition of the word "awesome"? I need writing lessons!

I've also been testing using a primer on my under eye area before applying my concealer and it's performing well. I do believe it'll work nicely for those upcoming hot days. It would appear I've found use for my Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer sample. I've only done this a few times so hopefully it won't give me milia (those pesky little white bumps I'm prone to).

This smart idea came to me in a dream... nah it's Sunny's! See what she uses, here.

For lips these days I reach for NARS Dolce Vita in the morning before I get out the door but that one stays on my bathroom vanity shelf. During the day it's either Rouge Dior in Charnelle (I think you can see on the picture above that it's been getting lots of love!) which I can reapply without a mirror or NARS Tolède...

I've also enjoyed my new Guerlain Rouge Automatique in... wait for it... wait for it... Tonka Impériale!!!

Also... notice the repetition of the word "also"? Argh I'm losing it! I need a vacation too!

Nails...

I thought I could bring my nails out of rehab the other week but seems the problem is still ongoing. They peel! They're still quite strong but the peeling at the tips make it seem like nail polish chips so bright colors are still out at the moment. I'm stuck wearing Chanel Le Vernis in Frenzy again! Don't get me wrong, this is a very nice shade but I want pink... to go with that blush I want... not nude!!!

What I have my eyes on...

I passed on both Terracotta perfume and Célébration bronzer!!!

Both had been at the top of my wish list for weeks but I just had to pass. The Terracotta perfume almost made me sick due to its high concentration of Tiaré flower. Way too much for my taste and its head notes didn't soften on me the way I was hoping they would. It almost broke my heart to pass on the Terracotta Célébration bronzer! The colors were beautifully stunning in the pan but the blushes were too matte and didn't look natural on my skin and since I'm not a collector I just couldn't justify purchasing it.

I passed on those but got a lipstick and a nail polish. A hit and a miss... Yes, a miss from Guerlain! Argh!!!

Ok so now I want a pink blush, a pink nail polish and there's a face powder compact I'm eyeing... like I don't have enough compacts but this one is... oh... so pretty! My envies are all from Chanel but for the pink lipstick I'm considering that will probably be a Dior Addict. I haven't tried that formula yet and since it's sheerer than Rouge Dior's it just may be perfect...

For your viewing enjoyment...

From Dior again... I know, I know, these past few weeks this feature should practically have been called The Dior Video Moment but what can I say, I want to remain on topic and other companies haven't released anything of interest to me recently so...

This first one from January 2013 is showing a more dramatic take on the smokey eye look I've been doing recently. Here makeup artist Yadim uses Diorshow #096 Khôl with black eyeliner while my version is with Diorshow #783 Velvet with which I use L'Oréal Infaillible Lacker Liner in Slate (I got a second back up of this one last week for fear it may be discontinued) or Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Caviar Ink. I just can't do black eyeliner! Oh and Yadim uses Rouge Dior in Grège 1947 to finish the look! Woot! :)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO6k9RkC5pk


The second is from the Dior Cruise 2015 Fashion show in which Peter Philips, Dior's new Creative and Image Director of Dior make-up for the Cruise 2015 Collection. It's en français I know but just pay attention to the emphasis on the black liner as a strong graphic and classic element and the almost bare face. Simple hair and clean radiant skin help highlight the element of sophistication of the strong liner with black mascara.

About black mascara, did you notice the new Dior mascara? This I'm excited about and wouldn't you know, it just popped up on Sephora's website! Called Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara it's got a brush that reminds me of Benefit They're Real! mascara. Towards the end of the video, Philips mentions a new Dior foundation called Star which would seem to offer more coverage but with light reflecting particles for a more luminous effect. This new product is coming out in the fall.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgNdOAC0PdE


See? Even in French you got it didn't you? *pats self on back for my great description* :)

Erm... didn't think it woudl be such a long post... hope you had a nice cup of coffee!


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...