Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Klorane Floral Water Make-Up Remover...

*Stands up and cheers for another great budget friendly option*

My love for micellar waters is probably a little cray cray but here's a confession, most times, this is the only cleanser I use in the evening...

*hides*

I'm soooo lazy!

My nigh time routine... Eye makeup remover, micellar water, Avène Ysthéal on cheeks and neck, Avène Eluage concentrate on forehead and eyes... Done!

These four items along with cotton pads, are kept on my nightstand. This is the only way I can stay diligent with a "before-bed-cleansing-taking-care-of-my-skin" routine, I swear!

I know some cleanse their faces when they get home from but for me it's not an option. I have Catherine waiting for me... I mean she greats me talking and talking while I must hurry to get food ready. She stays with me to tell me about her day and I wouldn't have it any other way. True sometimes I'm tired and would rather have a little silence but our exchanges are way too important!

Remember I don't want her to end up on a psychoanalyst couch one day! Oh well, maybe she will but it won't be because I wasn't listening, right?

Ok so then we eat, then we watch a little tv, then I blog a little in fact, very little these days. :( Then I'm too lazy/tired to even think about cleansing my face. This is the reason why I need a good effective cleansing water, one that removes everything.

Klorane Floral Water Make-Up Remover...




For about a year now I kept stumbling on these bottles at the drugstore but never really gave them a second look. Like me you probably all know about their Blueberry eye makeup remover (I tried that one years ago and it didn't do much for me but I know it's very popular) and of course their hair care offerings. A little while back I was almost out of my latest cheapo micellar water and saw Klorane on special for about $16.00 if I remember correctly. Now that's $9.00 less than Sephora the one I was using, for the same size a whopping 400 ml.

How does it perform? Wow, just wow!

First I use my "wallet approved" Rimmel eye makeup remover (which continues to amaze me so I always have a backup) then I pump enough micellar water to drench two large cotton pads with I keep stuck together so they get wet at the same time. Remember I'm tired/lazy by the time I do this so this makes it faster. I swipe all over my face and neck and by the time I'm using the last of the cotton pads there's no more makeup nor dirt on my face! Yup, really!

I know what some of you are thinking... Wha? No rinsing... no double cleanse... no exfoliating... Nope!

What are the products I use on my skin in the morning you ask? Micellar water (again!) to remove the peach tint of Avène's moisturizers, Dior Hydra Life BB Crème, bronzer, a little blush and finishing powder. During the day I use my Chanel compact two or three times. Of course if I were to use sunscreen Klorane Floral Water wouldn't be enough, no micellar water would be in fact.

High points for the fact that it doesn't dry or strip my skin and it's quite refreshing. Excellent to remove makeup but I do still prefer to use the Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover which is more effective on the mascara formulas I use at the moment. Klorane did good on Givenchy 4 in 1 and Diorshow but not so much on Diorshow Iconic or Make-Up For Ever Smokey Extravagant.

For me it works, period!

Klorane Floral Water has a light "flowery/greenish" fragrance to it but unlike Sephora's it's not a synthetic odor and I think by now I'm a little addicted to it, you know a good smell before bed kinda thing. In fact there is no added perfume in this one, what you smell comes from the ingredients mainly cornflower.


One empty, one half full, I need a backup!


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Poloaxmer 184, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Cetromonium Bromide.

Klorane is sold in drugstores and is regularly priced at about $20.00 for 400 ml but it's often reduced at $16.99 so when the price comes down I buy 2! Don't you love it when you can find budget friendly options?

As with any skin care item, if you have sensitive and/or clog/acne prone skin, make sure to patch test first.


What was you last wallet friendly find?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...