Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 20...

Excited!

My friend from Australia is coming to Montreal to visit her family and we have a date on Wednesday!

We've known each other since we were 14 yrs old and although we've lost track here and there we've managed to keep in touch. The last time we saw each other face to face? I can't really remember but I believe Catherine was 8 and she'll be 15 in less than a month so yes, it's been a while!

Finally we are back on track and have been enjoying beautiful springy weather! Most summer makeup collections are out but I've stayed away from the cosmetics departments! I stayed away because I need to reduce my beauty spending, not completely but I just can't go all crazy like I did last Christmas. I still need new shoes...

... and I have Catherine's upcoming birthday to think about!

This week's makeup love...

... Erm I should say this month's makeup love! Since for a while now I've been using pretty much the same items I thought it would be fun to do a round up and show you what I reach for in order of use, before putting on perfume and lipstick in the morning. Of course I don't use all of these at once in case you're wondering. If I were I guess I would probably look like a clown!




Base products...

Dior Hydra Life BB Crème (see below)
Hourglass Mineral Veil (under eye area)
Rimmel Match Perfection concealer
NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
Marcelle Pressed Powder (with a fan brush under eye area)
Guerlain Crazy Météorites

Eyes...

Guerlain Terracotta La Sélection de l'Été Eye and Face Palette from last year. The faun eye shadow on lower lid and been playing with the other two colors as well, a darkish olive green and purplish brown
Diorshow Mono in Velvet or TheBalm Shady Lady in Risqué Renee for definition
Bobbi Brown Ciment from the Navy & Nude palette on upper lids and to blend the edges
L'Oréal Infaillible Lacquer Liner in Slate sometimes "oomfed" with Dior Fusion Mono in Nocturne
Mascara, alternating between Diorshow and Diorshow Iconic

Contour, definition or glowy stuff, however you want to call these...

Bronzer, alternating between Terracotta 01 / La Sélection de l'Été and NARS Laguna. Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise Duo in Coral Glow has come out of hibernation but I've only used it 2x so far.

Oops! I forgot blushes! Well at the moment it's pretty much always M.A.C Whole Lotta Love

Finishing powder, Guerlain Crazy Météorite again or a combination from Hourglass Ambient Lighting, mainly Dim Light and Radiant Light.

Ok so I have included Bobbi Brown's Longwear Gel Eyeliner in Caviar Ink in there but in all honesty I rarely reach for it. I find it harder to work with than L'Oréal. For some reason, once the line is done, going back over it to either thicken it or make it more clean sometimes makes a pretty bad mess. Since it dries fast, it can get all smudgy and weird.

So you see, I don't need to go all crazy over the new collections since I've got most of my makeup needs covered. Right?

A little update...

It's official, Dior Hydra Life BB Crème will not do for summer! Great luminous coverage but it doesn't control the oil and on some afternoons this week I could actually feel it on my skin. With it I've had to use 2x the powder I normally do if not more. Not a total waste, I will simply keep it for late august, for when the weather starts to cool down to transition into fall.

What I have my eyes on...

I do still want a few new nail polishes but haven't decided yet if I'll go Dior or Chanel and there's a Guerlain Rouge Automatique that I'm considering but since I have to find a new daytime foundation/BB or whatever the name, it may have to wait.

For your viewing enjoyment...

This week's video is not from Dior!!! Aren't you surprised? From YSL showing one of their iconic products, I think I really need one! Imagine that, a full night's sleep rested look in a clickable pen! I just can't believe I haven't tried this before.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-3EhjF2ePE

Yup! I definitely need one.

Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...